Author Topic: Euclideon Island Demo 2011: Say Goodbye to Polygons  (Read 4191 times)

I kinda would like this implemented into Fallout.

Even if this is fake, it has to inspire SOMEONE to look into it as well. Physics and gibs would be hell with that technology though. But it would allow water physics.

Even if this is fake, it has to inspire SOMEONE to look into it as well. Physics and gibs would be hell with that technology though. But it would allow water physics.
But you have to imagine with the rate of innovation in computers, we'll be able to run this a norm in less than 10 years probably.

forget i need to look into stuff before i make my topics

A lot of people think that computers could not handle this level of awesome, but because it is a different form of rendering, it may run completely different...

On their site they claim to have received nearly $2 million in funding from the australian government.
http://www.euclideon.com/pr_9_may_11.html

This isn't as new as you think;
http://unlimiteddetailtechnology.com/
(I think it might actually be the same guys)
Did you guys not realize this when that pricky voice started spouting UNLIMITED DETAIL left and right?

Atomontage doesn't need orchestral music and some mouthbreathing douche to look impressive. And look! Stuff moves! These "little atoms" can actually be interacted with.

I shat my pants in joy and almost had a heart attack. The first game coming out using this technology I will buy on launch day regardless of the costs.

Edit: Okay it appears I was the only one who read the YouTube video description. Let me quote it:

Quote from: The loving description
(Yes grumpy forum people, we do have animation, but you'll just have to be patient.)

Nnnnooooo Notch don't kill everyone's hopes! D= http://notch.tumblr.com/post/8386977075/its-a-scam
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:35:17 PM by Demian »

Everyone PLEASE read Notch's post.

Everyone PLEASE read Notch's post.
No, for one Notch is a friend swimming in money.
For two, You automatically think this will fail because of how radical the idea was.
Black holes where an idea, and now we proved they exist.  So why not do the same with voxels?

For two, You automatically think this will fail because of how radical the idea was.
Black holes where an idea, and now we proved they exist.  So why not do the same with voxels?
Please tell me you are a troll.

Edit: more constructively speaking:
"WHY NOT PROVE VOXELS EXIST"
Well, they do exist. They've been around probably longer than you've been alive.
The problem is, this system isn't practical.

Black holes exist, but that doesn't mean we can use them to travel through space and time. (first person to 'correct' me gets a trophy)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:55:20 PM by rkynick »

Black holes where an idea, and now we proved they exist.  So why not do the same with voxels?

Voxels aren't a new thing. This guy's saying we can have infinite detail, but people are worrying about animation and collision issues, you dunderhead.

Voxels aren't a new thing. This guy's saying we can have infinite detail, but people are worrying about animation and collision issues, you dunderhead.
What I meant to say: "Why not prove that we can use voxels for gaming?"
Asdf
Please tell me you are a troll. No.

Edit: more constructively speaking:
"WHY NOT PROVE VOXELS EXIST" Read above.
Well, they do exist. They've been around probably longer than you've been alive.
The problem is, this system isn't practical.

Black holes exist, but that doesn't mean we can use them to travel through space and time. (first person to 'correct' me gets a trophy) How the forget is space travel related to what I was saying?