Author Topic: Face Builder  (Read 2542 times)

I don't know how much experience people have with various languages, but I imagine that it would be fairly easy to create a script for a web page that would allow you to construct a face decal out of various pre-created parts, and then export them.

Just something to think about.

yes i thought of this
it would be good for the customization aspect

If more mountpoints were added to the model on the face you could have multiple layered transparent face decals so everyone who downloads the original parts can see your face.

Great idea! It would be fun to play around with

I could make the parts for the program but not the program itself. (Parts=face pieces)

Nice Idea. I could make it, but I don't want to. :P

I had this idea as well, but I was thinking of drawing faces in game and not cut and paste.

Why even make a program for this?   All you need is more options [one for each eye, hair, beard, mouth] in the options.  it'd just be a couple mount points for decals.

So you don't have 1 million decals glued to your face that fly around everywhere the server lags a bit.

So you don't have 1 million decals glued to your face that fly around everywhere the server lags a bit.
Hm, i guess that's true.  Maybe he could make it so there's a checkbox to download face/chest decals.

* Packer goes further and makes an example of what he thinks it'll be like in the script
So sorta like:
Code: [Select]
//decal
mouth
//position
I know thats not script but the cut and paste objects e.g. mouth would have a center point and when you designed the face decal it'll give positions that'll save into a script that'll let Blockland know the position of the part?

I can understand that working.

I had this idea as well, but I was thinking of drawing faces in game and not cut and paste.
wow i had that exact idea myself lol but also with prints and chest decals aswell

i think it's fine as it is. i don't like this idea.

fishpen0

I think this is a great idea that will allow for hundreds of combinations of faces with only 5-10 sets each of eyes mouth and hair, along with facial hair...