Author Topic: Weapon: Multi_Umbrella  (Read 812 times)

This is an idea that me and Sir Bricksalot concocted a few minutes ago: an umbrella with different modes.
The different modes would probably have to be accessed by some wierd stuff, like a whole set of keybinds, a gui, or holding down right click and then hitting a number or something. The different modes would be as follows:

Melee: not unfolded, simply held by the handle and used to whack people.

Rifle: not unfolded, held outwards like a gun, fires exactly like the sniper rifle.

Shield: unfolded, held outwards like a gun, blocks all projectiles that hit it, and possibly has separate collision. To avoid glitchiness, it would require a certain amount of space to unfold so that you don't get stuck in stuff.

Glider: unfolded, simply held by the handle normally. The player's jump is reduced while in this mode, but their downward and upward velocity would be regulated somehow.

Stealth: this mode I wasn't too sure about, but Sir Bricksalot thought it was awesome. Basically, you're carrying it surreptitiously and avoiding attention, but when you click, a little flourish and BAM, and you have created a neat little hole in your enemy. Note that I do NOT want to actually create a hole in the player, as I am not an idiot to that extent, and it would just high damage.

One thing that might work: whenever you press a certain key, it would immediately switch modes to the next one, or if you left out stealth mode, which I actually do kinda like, you could have glider mode and melee mode connected, and switched between using right click, but then you could switch to the other mode set with a key, possibly your light key; shield and rifle, which would also be using right click.
This is a horribly complicated and strange suggestion, and nobody will make it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:02:44 PM by Katadeus »

So your asking for a Umbrella with all these random stuff built into it...

Very.... Rare.

Old ladies like you're never seen them before!

...Why did that make me cringe?

I love these kinda of suggestions. The thing is that most multi use add-ons aren't made. I hope this will be made and i support this.

This would be Epic sauce I support this also !!

One thing that might work: whenever you press a certain key, it would immediately switch modes to the next one, or if you left out stealth mode, which I actually do kinda like, you could have glider mode and melee mode connected, and switched between using right click, but then you could switch to the other mode set with a key, possibly your light key; shield and rifle, which would also be using right click.
Didn't I say to use right right like Plornt did with the C4?

Yes, you did. However, the problem with that is that it would scroll through the modes, and now that I think about it, that would end up looking very strange and being very inconvenient.

Maybe five different umbrellas for each mode? That would be more possible.

That sounds better

That would probably work the best. That way you could use only specific modes, such as glider, for a particular deathmatch or team deathmatch or such.

Don't know who that is, but sounds like a crazy old lady. So yes.

Don't know who that is, but sounds like a crazy old lady. So yes.
Look it up its a movie

If I have time in the near future, I might.