Author Topic: Magicka Megathread - Game updated. Now with more DLC!  (Read 5224 times)

So... What is it?
Magicka is best explained through this video. It's kind of hard to explain this game, but basically it's a top-down, dungeon-crawling, spell-conjuring joy of a game. The game without DLC is $10. The complete pack is $25.

Gameplay

You, a wizard, must conjure together 8 different elements on a five element bar to blast at enemies such as trolls, goblins, yetis, zombies, civilians, and anything else that moves. Spell books called Magicks are hidden throughout your adventure. These are specially casted with the spacebar once you conjured the required elements. There are 21 hidden in your adventure, but some are given straight to you without the use of a book or much searching.

Playing alone provides a challenge, but also a blessing. Only enemies and miscasts can kill you. Playing with your "friends" (up to 4) means you can die as much as you like, as long as you have your buddy revive you. The drawback of having extra people is the amount of accidental/purposeful teamkilling. It becomes an absolute slaughter-house with 4 people playing at once.

Plot

Story-wise, there isn't too much to this game, but it's enough to explain why you're here and not somewhere else. A few twists and turns mixed in with a nice overdose of cheap humor can keep you playing through to the end.

Basic Characters

You- A wizard instructed by Vlad in the ways of conjuring elements to fight or help the world.

Vlad- An instructor at the Order of Magicks who is not a vampire. He helps you with the story and does not fight with you in any way.

Random Civilians- Target practice basically. There's no penalty for killing them or letting them live.

Game Modes

Adventure- The main story mode for the game. Progress through the world of Midgard to destroy the evil forces threatening it's very existence.

Challenge- A test of your wizardly prowess and skill. Survive the arenas and fight in Vietnam in the Magicka- Vietnam DLC. Best done with trust-worthy friends.

Verses- Sometimes, wizards don't get along. Fight your friends without having to revive them later in a variety of arenas.

Gift Requests
(Provide a Steam name as well.)
(Has been cleared.)

-Trymos (ticha98)

Media

The Yogscast and TotalBiscuit play Magicka.
Killing the whole dwarven army with one spell.
How even 2 people can be too many.

Players

Forum Name: PJ Boy
Steam Name: Rockon
DLC: All.

Current Parties

None.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:02:06 PM by PJ Boy »

DON'T CROSS THE BEAMS!

it was such a twist when i found out that
VLAD WAS A VAMPIRE!

How much does it cost?

i never really got past the part with the dwarves because everything was too hard and the controls are a clusterforget when status effects are involved

I was never assed enough to complete the campaign.
That and it's far more fun with a companion to share your grief with.

i never really got past the part with the dwarves because everything was too hard and the controls are a clusterforget when status effects are involved
I got past the dwarven army by summoning a bunch of elementals.

I got past the dwarven army by summoning a bunch of elementals.
You can actually hide from them in the room to the right. Vlad was talking about lesser men hiding before the army opens the door.

The first time I actually fought all the dwarves and I was wondering why vlad was being all sarcastic after I did.
Later I found out you could hide.

You can actually hide from them in the room to the right. Vlad was talking about lesser men hiding before the army opens the door.
But I ain't no lesser man.

Yes.

I should host a BL Forums arena server.  :cookieMonster:

Yes.

I should host a BL Forums arena server.  :cookieMonster:
If you're going to host it, I could put it in the OP for everyone to know.

If I ever host it, the info would be the following:

Name: BL Versus
IP: 173.16.67.240:27015
Password: asdf
only rule: dont be annoying

Anyone up for a game of PvP with no teams?