Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Megathread! - Necro'd enough to count as a vampire  (Read 116719 times)

>Play Adventure mode
>Decapitate dragon by throwing a shirt at it
>mfw
How the hell do you do that?
I have never been able to kill things by throwing even with legendary throwing.

Been having so much FUN. My favorite part is drinking the blood off of my armor.

One of my favorite new features is the depth that Toady & co. added to families. A child I talked to had cousins with names, a mother with names, fun stuff like that. BeefingDwarf Mightybeard shall never see the message "I have no family to speak of" again!!

i suck at dwarf fortress D:

I can never get a task done before i die.

i don't know what half the stuff is i'm looking at, and don't get me started on the controls
^this is how it is for me :C

I know for some people it crashed when you talk to people but when I talk to people it just freezes for like 20 seconds and then works. It gets really annoying does that happen for everyone else?

No, you don't suck. Toady JACKED UP the ambush rates on the new version. If you play DF2010 then you won't have any trouble at all completing tasks. I've died 12 or so times since I started playing the new version and have yet to read a book or learn the secrets of life & death.

Zombie Urist and his pet zombie cat (consisting of nothing but a head, upper body, two front legs and the left front paw) are playing a game of "chase the migrant" with a horde of other zombies including the entire first expedition, some water buffalo, kangaroos and a camel.

Can someone send me their world with them embarked on a haunted spot, and some freshly butchered parts? I don't care about anything else. I just want to see dwarves get attacked by their own skin.

Fun Object Testing Arena is fun.

I know for some people it crashed when you talk to people but when I talk to people it just freezes for like 20 seconds and then works. It gets really annoying does that happen for everyone else?
It happens to me as well. Though after about 30 mins on the same character it stops being so slow to talk.

How can you possibly suck at a game where the only certainty is death?

-----

Anyway, started up a new adventurer after having my limbs torn off by wolves, did a task, was returning to town and decided to sleep (found a companion so no silly bogeymen) and got ambushed by about 10 bandits, all of whom I snuck up on whilst they mutilated my friend...
Butchering their corpses made me very happy.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:46:46 PM by Corbiere »

well, maybe he lost to something boring like starvation

oh wait, there is no boring way to die. even starvation will somehow have infanticide and/or involuntary rage-induced trepanation

one of my herbalists just married my queen what

on another note, a bauxite bed named "Atticcleaned the Scratches of Love"
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:44:40 PM by Kearn »

one of my herbalists just married my queen what

on another note, a bauxite bed named "Atticcleaned the Scratches of Love"
Do you have a king? If so, you're going to have some FUN.

Scratches of Love? Oooh. Atticcleaned? Sounds your dwarves make sweet love whilst clearing the attic.