Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Megathread! - Necro'd enough to count as a vampire  (Read 116716 times)

Do you have a king? If so, you're going to have some FUN.

Scratches of Love? Oooh. Atticcleaned? Sounds your dwarves make sweet love whilst clearing the attic.

mmh baby make scratches of love in my attic

I feel so lucky right now. I made it out of a battle with some kobolds after being "mortally wounded." Then I went and got some companions.

I was then ambushed by some bandits. I was getting destroyed so I started crawling away. Then I fell unconscious. Luckily, my companions finished the bandits off. I couldn't stand and could barely grasp stuff and had 6 arrows in me. Literally every 2 steps I took I vomited and fell unconscious. I was then able to quick travel away. I still have these conditions though: Ability to stand lost, Ability to grasp somewhat impaired, Motor nerve damage, Sensory nerve damage.

Hopefully I have enough money to buy a crutch.

I have zombies which are literally nothing more than a head and a bit of upper spine dragging itself towards enemies, floating arms and legs, whole right arms dragging themselves around, one-winged zombie ravens flying around... This game is creepy as hell yet great.

I have zombies which are literally nothing more than a head and a bit of upper spine dragging itself towards enemies, floating arms and legs, whole right arms dragging themselves around, one-winged zombie ravens flying around... This game is creepy as hell yet great.
give me your save

now.

I feel so lucky right now. I made it out of a battle with some kobolds after being "mortally wounded." Then I went and got some companions.

I was then ambushed by some bandits. I was getting destroyed so I started crawling away. Then I fell unconscious. Luckily, my companions finished the bandits off. I couldn't stand and could barely grasp stuff and had 6 arrows in me. Literally every 2 steps I took I vomited and fell unconscious. I was then able to quick travel away. I still have these conditions though: Ability to stand lost, Ability to grasp somewhat impaired, Motor nerve damage, Sensory nerve damage.

Hopefully I have enough money to buy a crutch.
Were crutches fixed in the update?

Were crutches fixed in the update?
I don't know. I died by dwarf ambush. Things went south so I tried to run to a nearby city. The problem is that it's hard to run without functioning legs.

give me your save

now.
http://www.mediafire.com/?hw6w7dngp7ts14j

The starting 7 + one of their children are locked away safely in the caverns (hotkey F2). Just be careful about those ghosts.

After being viciously ripped apart by bogeymen once the bandits I killed yesterday killed off my friends I managed to get back to town with my left arm, my right leg, and both of my ears missing, as well as a ruptured lung, kidney and liver, and a smashed skull.
After that, I risked a trip into the wild to do a bit of stat levelling and got my head torn off by a wolf.

Got a long list of mentions in Legends though :D
Also, I read about a dragon who, at the same time as I was being killed, was terrorising a village just a day away from my town :O

A necromancer wrote a book about a book about himself. Look at this:

And the name!

Here's the book it was written about:

I have 181 dwarves in my fort, and I cannot keep up the food production. What is the best way to execute specific useless dwaves?

I have 181 dwarves in my fort, and I cannot keep up the food production. What is the best way to execute specific useless dwaves?

You can always use a bridge to crush some of your dwarfs, but I might be careful of tantrums...

You can always use a bridge to crush some of your dwarfs, but I might be careful of tantrums...
How would I put them under it though? Any other methods as well?

How would I put them under it though? Any other methods as well?
Place all your unwanted dwarves in squads, then station them under the bridge/in the drowning chamber/next to a goblin siege. Easy execution methods.

Also, when a bandit team ambushes you and the leader spawns right next to you and threatens you, does the game ignore your defensive rolls or something? Every single time a bandit crossbowman leader spawns next to me he shoots me in the leg 100% right after he threatens me and brings me down, which always gets me killed.

You could do the bridge thing, pull a lever, or if you're patient put them in a military squad and never take them off duty.
Pretty sure they'll starve to death, unless that was fixed/I was really low on food.

what about all these dwarven children? that's whats taking up my population, all the useless children. i cant put them in squads.