Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Megathread! - Necro'd enough to count as a vampire  (Read 116713 times)

that is accurate to a loving T

forget boogeymen

Bogeymen are easy for high level dudes.

This one time I punched a bogeyman and it DIED

I like to throw body parts at them.

I like to take their heads and use them as smoke bombs.

I like to take their heads and use them as smoke bombs.

And dwarves in martial trances. I entered a martial trance as an axedwarf and bisected every bogeyman that got too close.

Was looking for this thread, thanks Jacob.

Found a dungeon. Slew the person requested but got murdered by a troupe of outlaws in another branch of the dungeon.

The room was just filled with U's. No amount of martial trances could solve the UUUUUUUUUU.

EDIT: What 'acquired powers' or other can be used by adventurers? I know that you can raise the dead as a Necromancer, and breathe fire as a dragon in the arena through the 'x' menu, but I don't know if you can learn other powers through books or slabs or what-not.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:07:47 PM by Captain Crazy »

"acquired powers" are powers like raising the dead, things you learn. I think "animate corpse" is the only one right now. Breathing fire and whatnot falls under the "natural powers" section if the creature has it.

"acquired powers" are powers like raising the dead, things you learn. I think "animate corpse" is the only one right now. Breathing fire and whatnot falls under the "natural powers" section if the creature has it.
Thanks for the clear up. Are acquired powers addable by mods or hard-coded? I'd love to add something like a basic Magic Missile or the power-holler from Skyrim, or maybe a Super Mario Brothers-esque fireball.

EDIT: Spells seem to be based on adding or removing tags from a targeted entity, based on the raws. Maybe a mayhem-causing spell that makes a targeted person act like a rabid animal? (imagine turning a person in the middle of a bazaar into a rabid beserker. hilarity)

EDIT2: I might as well make a playable race with inherent magical powers once I get the hang of how powers work. Maybe a "brainflayer", a pink tentacled biped with a host of magic powers depending on the caste. Imagine getting seiged by them...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:31:08 PM by Captain Crazy »

Someone on Bay12 generated a world and checked out a random tower...WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUCK

It's better, too! He genned it again but went for a longer worldgen this time...MOTHER OF GOD

Breath hell and execute them all.

The first caste of Flayer is fairly functional. It can cast a Fireball, Fire Jet and Dragonfire.

The first caste of Flayer is fairly functional. It can cast a Fireball, Fire Jet and Dragonfire.
Neat.