Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Megathread! - Necro'd enough to count as a vampire  (Read 116717 times)

What the heck? Found a friendly goblin merchant in a human town. Seemed happy to see me, and requested I kill an outlaw. Not all goblins suck!

edit: I swear to Armok this town is half goblins trying to hawk me goods. I'm guessing a pair of goblins got enslaved by humans and were raised in a 'good' society.

What the heck? Found a friendly goblin merchant in a human town. Seemed happy to see me, and requested I kill an outlaw. Not all goblins suck!

edit: I swear to Armok this town is half goblins trying to hawk me goods. I'm guessing a pair of goblins got enslaved by humans and were raised in a 'good' society.
Now you just need to find a good necromancer and have him join you in your adventures.

So I just checked a random dwarf's relationships screen and I found a nice little something. Due to the change in how migrants work, this particular metalsmith has his wife, only daughter, mother, father, younger brother and maternal grandfather at my fort right now. Aside from his other 3 grandparents, his 3 uncles, 2 aunts and his only nephew, that's his entire family.

EDIT:
Just a normal day in the-

Oh stuff.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:50:49 PM by Jacob/Lee »

Doubletoast:

Got the vampire scumbag. Off to the Founder's catacombs with you, immortal wandering guard...

i apparently haven't played this game so much as to experience a siege and have some !!fun!! getting killed locking everyone inside the fortress.

I got raided by goblins.  They killed my small military of like, 6 dwarves.

The Niiiight they drove ol' dixie down.

also, bump

A new patch was released. It fixes a bunch of bugs and has tweaks, but here's 2 major things:
1) captured animals that have been trained will eventually turn wild again. Your site and civ have independent meters on how much they know about training animals, and your civ will pick up some of yours when the dwarf caravan arrives.
2) clothes now decay unto destruction in refuse piles. Dwarves properly wear owned clothes, and I believe will throw out any worn-out articles.

My entire fortress just fell apart as all 100 children suddenly started going crazy and beating the forget out of people due to the lack of clothes. I've gone from 230 dwarves down to 37 now. Never port a fort from 34.05 to 34.06.

My entire fortress just fell apart as all 100 children suddenly started going crazy and beating the forget out of people due to the lack of clothes. I've gone from 230 dwarves down to 37 now. Never port a fort from 34.05 to 34.06.
Oh god that's funny but it must suck.

Im dying to see what hes trying to make but I have no body parts
Where can I get them? I also need tanned hides which I don't know how to get.

Nevermind, hes gone mad.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:43:18 AM by brad block »

For future reference: "body parts" are usually bones. Press "z", then click enter. Scroll up and down the list, then choose an animal to be butchered with "b." Choose any animal other than a puppy, kitten, cat or otherwise tiny animal, they usually don't give anything other than a skull. At a butcher's shop, a job will be automatically generated (you can turn this off if you please, but it's pretty pointless) and someone with the "butchering" labor enabled will grab the animal, haul ass to the workshop and slaughter it. If you want to keep it going, build a tanner's shop, then have someone with the "tanning" labor enabled. "Tan a Hide" will be automatically generated at the tanner's shop, and the tanner will take the job (if he's doing nothing), pick up the skin you got from butchering the animal, and tan it at the workshop to produce leather. Leather = tanned hides.

After my society almost completely broke down, I decided to see what would happen if I framed a random dwarf for every murder that had happened during the crumbling of the fortress. At 200 days a murder, the dwarf had 3001 days when I was finished. You would think they would hammer someone to death for that many murders...

After my society almost completely broke down, I decided to see what would happen if I framed a random dwarf for every murder that had happened during the crumbling of the fortress. At 200 days a murder, the dwarf had 3001 days when I was finished. You would think they would hammer someone to death for that many murders...

That's roughly eight years in jail.

Eight years for killing that many people? The justice system is surprisingly light for dwarf fortress.

That's roughly eight years in jail.

Eight years for killing that many people? The justice system is surprisingly light for dwarf fortress.
But think, dwarves in jail would be given only water unless some -magical outside force- made someone place booze in there. 8 years with no booze is like being jabbed with a thousand hot pokers all day, every day.

But think, dwarves in jail would be given only water unless some -magical outside force- made someone place booze in there. 8 years with no booze is like being jabbed with a thousand hot pokers all day, every day.

Forced to drink water? OH THE DWARFANITY