Poll

Teir 3 Perk Poll

Marksman (ID enemies from farther)
Stalker (faster movement while ADS)
SitRep (detect enemy Equip)
Steady Aim (better hip fire accuracy0
Dead Silence (quieter movement)

Author Topic: Call of Duty: MW3 megathread -DLC's out!-  (Read 109051 times)

Call of Duty
Modern Warfare 3

Official Site
Call of Duty Wiki page
Wikipedia Page

Quote from: Robert Bowling, Creative Director of Infinity Ward
To me the game plays like Call of Duty 4 in terms of gameplay style, but with the smoothness of MW2 plus the new advances we've made.

Overview
(text is copypasta from MW3's CoD Wiki page)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (stylized as Call of Duty: MW3, and also referred to as Modern Warfare 3 or MW3) is the sequel to Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It was confirmed to be in pre-production on April 9, 2010 by Activision. IT came out November 8, 2011. Sledgehammer Games, originally planning to work on the canceled action/adventure Call of Duty, is working with Infinity Ward on the single-player aspect of the game while Raven Software is working on the multiplayer. Sledgehammer is aiming for a bug-free Call of Duty game and ratings above 95%. It has been revealed that Modern Warfare 3 will use the Modern Warfare 2 engine, for courtesy to Sledgehammer.

It will be available for PC, Xbox 360, PS3, and for DS under the name MW3 - Retaliation. Nothing is known about a Wii version.  Special editions were announced, coming with some avatar clothing for 360 users and a special theme for PS3 players. It also comes with a Brandy Game Guide. A regular copy of MW3 is now available for pre-puchase though steam, although minimum specs have not yet been announced.

When a massive amount of leaked information was revealed by gaming news site Kotaku on May 13, 2011, Robert Bowling responded in a tweet stating: "A lot of hype & a lot of leaked info on #MW3, some still accurate, some not. To avoid spoiling the experience, I'd wait for the real reveal." Later that day, four teaser trailers for Modern Warfare 3 were released on Call of Duty's official YouTube channel. Each one revealed a different location: New York, London, Paris, and Germany.

The full reveal trailer was released on May 23, 2011. The trailer was leaked almost two hours before the scheduled air time, prompting Infinity Ward to officially release the reveal trailer earlier than planned. The reveal featured sequences from combat in all four of the previously confirmed locations.

Gamemodes

Campaign
     The Campaign of MW3 has been comfirmed to take place in 4 main locations around the world, America (New York), England (London), Germany (Berlin), and France (Paris). There are also minor locations such as India, Africa, and the Czech Republic. Gameplay videos of 3 campaign missions have been released prior to the game's release, being of Black Tuesday, Hunter Killer, and Mind the Gap. The first two taking place in  New York, the latter taking place in London.
     Playable characters include Derek "Frost" Westbrook, a Staff Sargent fighting in New York and Germany; Yuri, essentially MW3's roach, traveling the world with Task Force 141; Marcus Burns, fighting in London; and Andrei Harkov, a guard for the Russian President Boris Vorshevsky.

Multiplayer
   MW3's multiplayer was showcased at the Call of Duty XP convention. A youtube clip that has been taken down shows 32 player multiplayer on consoles and pc (unconfirmed.)
   According to Activision's Eric Hirshberg the four principles of developing Call of Duty are: Epic realism (real world combat with "blockbuster" action); Adrenaline rush (want gamers to always have blood pumping and experiencing while knuckle moments); Easy to play, but hard to master (fun for new players while remaining fun to the hardcore gamer); 60 FPS (Using the processing power of gaming platforms to provide optimum performance)
   Returning features include the private match customization of Black Ops, and playercards not unlike MW2. New features include 80 levels plus prestige, 28 killstreaks, 16 maps, and a new gamemode called Kill Confirmed, in which players have to collect dog tags taht hover over killed players bodies. If they do not collect it their team does not recieve points. There also weapon levels and a new way to unlock prestige bonuses, via a shop using prestige tokens as currency.
   CoD Wiki's MW3 Multiplayer Page.

Special Ops
   Special ops returns in MW3 with missions not unlike the MW2 version, and a new survival mode, which takes place on multiplayer maps. This survival mode is similar to the Zombies modes of the previous games, but now the enemies can shoot back. Known features include a weapon/equipment/air support shop, increasingly hard enemies (wave one is regular infantry, wave 10 has juggernauts, ect.) and new enemies (such as an attack dog with explosives.) 
   FAQ about Special Ops survival mode; conducted by Digitalspy, questioning Robert Bowling

Media

Videos
Reveal Trailer
Hunter Killer gameplay
Special Ops gameplay
Multiplayer Gameplay (Kill Confirmed mode)
Multiplayer Gameplay (Domination)
Multiplayer Gameplay (TDM)

Screenshots

Concept Art

I am personally excited for this game, as I'm a generic FPS fanboy who likes to play with his IRL friends online. It actually looks really good, I like IW for keeping the campaign in america while having missions in europe. The guns look awkward though.

This is a topic for discussion, so discuss. Do not simply come in and flame the game and it's community (although I agree that latter can be handicapped at times) without at the least explaining your point. This is my first topic on a game that hasn't come out yet, so please give me suggestions on how to improve it (other than updating it when more information becomes available.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 08:51:55 PM by Dnitro »

Dis gon b good.

Also, looks the same as MW2, which is good because I love MW2.

QuIcKsc0p'd N00B woew im so pr0

it's going to be bad

The multiplayer looks kinda like-

oh wait, all Call of Duty games have virtually the same multiplayer.

I can't wait for this, this is going to be good.

Spec Ops Survival thing looks fun

and that folding smg is badass

Although, the campaign does look promising.

Im gonna borrow this from my buddy after he's done playing with it, but Im really glad Spec Ops is making a return.

Is there going to be Ramirez and Foley? :D

Im gonna borrow this from my buddy after he's done playing with it, but Im really glad Spec Ops is making a return.

And Captain Price and Captain MacTravish.

Current gameplay says no, but there are rumors Soap and Cpt. Price will return in a hunt for Makarov.

This could change, mind you.

Awww :c I hope they re-add them or at least show them doing something in the ending.

I wonder if that Juggernaut, when activated, turns you IN to a juggernaut, or spawns a Juggernaut NPC. Either one would be cool.

Can we have another Minigun weapon? I liked it in Black ops.

I liked Mw2, sue me.  It looks pretty fun.

I wonder if that Juggernaut, when activated, turns you IN to a juggernaut, or spawns a Juggernaut NPC. Either one would be cool.
See: Juggernaut perk

That is most likely what it is.

I don't get how everyone bitched about it in CoD 4-5, it did virtually nothing, and they just blamed their deaths on the 10 extra health or so.