Author Topic: So, I'm moving again. And I need some help.  (Read 1114 times)

To sum it up quickly, my family is still having financial troubles, stuck in a viscous cycle of pulling out loans to pay for things and then not being able to pay for other things the next month because you have to pay the loan and such. It's just exhausting.
My grandmother has offered us to move down to her house and live with her. This is about a 45 minute drive from my current area.
I have lived in this area my entire life, I have never gone to a school where I don't know anyone, I always have some friends to help me when I first start and then make new friends, but with us moving down there I would not know a single soul in the highschool I will be attending, not to mention it would also be my Freshman year so I'm generally terrified.
Has anyone else had to do something like this? I don't know how to handle it, I have conflicting feelings on moving, I feel that it will help us very much financially but I just don't want to move because of my friends and such.
Anyone got any advice or something? I don't know. I just want this all to be back to normal for once.

that happened to me too when i moved to a new city
just keep being yourself, you will make friends with the same interests as you in no time
dont be nervous, try to chillax

that happened to me too when i moved to a new city
just keep being yourself, you will make friends with the same interests as you in no time
dont be nervous, try to chillax
That's what I was thinking just I've never actually had to completely rebuild my entire sort of "group" that I hang out in.
It'll be so weird. I don't know, augh.
Drop, it'll all be fine, don't worry, be happy :D
yaaayy~

I remember my first time moving...
Anyways, cliche but you'll make new friends, meeting new people ect. and after about a week or a month you get used to the place
and then it turns to years

It shouldn't be different to you since you have been there before and you know how to get around and such, right?

I'm no good at advice :x

Stop taking out loans.

Its okay bro, I know that feel.

It shouldn't be different to you since you have been there before and you know how to get around and such, right?
Well, it's not like that. I go down there to visit my Grandmother, not socialize with the local highschool kids. I don't really know anything about the town, maybe how to navigate it a bit but not more than that.
Stop taking out loans.
That would be terrible advice but I'm guessing that's a joke.
Its okay bro, I know that feel.
Thank you.

That's what I was thinking just I've never actually had to completely rebuild my entire sort of "group" that I hang out in.
It'll be so weird. I don't know, augh.
welp
this is happening to me right now since mexican school is divided differently than american school
so all my group of friends got separated and divided into different schools
i got in the best school
and im all alone :(

You could visit friends every weekend. Its only a 45 minute drive. Move there, do it, it won't be so bad..

You could visit friends every weekend. Its only a 45 minute drive. Move there, do it, it won't be so bad..

If it's a 45 minute drive, it'd only be about an hour on bike, hour and a half on foot :D

welp
this is happening to me right now since mexican school is divided differently than american school
so all my group of friends got separated and divided into different schools
i got in the best school
and im all alone :(
Wait, what? Your school divides kids based on race? Or am I misunderstanding you?
Yeah, family members are offering to drive me there or them here for a weekend over and such. But that's going from a short bikeride to my best friends house to a ~45 minute drive. They said I would most likely spend the whole 4 years of highschool there and we're not sure if I'm going to end up moving back, so eventually I'll drift away from them.
If it's a 45 minute drive, it'd only be about an hour on bike, hour and a half on foot :D
Oh god no, I couldn't bike there. That's insane. It's a 45 minute drive on highways and stuff, not regular roads where people bike. I don't even know how to get over the Columbia river on bike.

Wait, what? Your school divides kids based on race? Or am I misunderstanding you?
nah
lemme explain

primary school is from 1st to 6th grade
secondary is from 7th to 9th
preparatory school, which is the one im entering, is from 10th to 12th
then its college

primary and secondary school is obligatory by law, the rest is optional
so basically you make entry exams and stuff
and i got a high score so i made it to one of the best schools in my city

nah
lemme explain

primary school is from 1st to 6th grade
secondary is from 7th to 9th
preparatory school, which is the one im entering, is from 10th to 12th
then its college

primary and secondary school is obligatory by law, the rest is optional
so basically you make entry exams and stuff
and i got a high score so i made it to one of the best schools in my city
Oh, I see. Nice job getting in a good school but sorry that you're not going to the same school as your friends.

Oh, I see. Nice job getting in a good school but sorry that you're not going to the same school as your friends.
im not really that worried
im making new friends
and i can still get to see my old ones

see?
just dont worry
be happy :)