Author Topic: Cube RPG, a BYOND Project (REVIVAL!)  (Read 16496 times)

I've seen slimes shuffle, but I'm pretty sure these guys aren't made of slime right?

The game has an FPS the same as of Space Station 13 [Very smooth!] So it's not horribly slowed-down and laggy as most five second BYOND games.

The game has an FPS the same as of Space Station 13 [Very smooth!] So it's not horribly slowed-down and laggy as most five second BYOND games.
But have you tried with a full server? Or just one player?

But have you tried with a full server? Or just one player?
Good point.
I've seen slimes shuffle, but I'm pretty sure these guys aren't made of slime right?
Ah. That would probably require animation though, not just moving the sprite up and down, and animations are annoying. All the clothing items would have to be modified to allow shuffling.

Also, I am going to try to stick closer to the theme now with outfit attempts. See if I can do peasant-type stuff.

This looks OK, right?

And then a Viking helmet.

I think the lighting turned out nicely on this.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:50:49 AM by Katadeus »

Hao2pixeldraw?
I draw basic shapes out of the basic colors first. It helps to have a guide picture to work off of. After that, I might change the shape and color a little. I make the outlines a darker version of the color that they were before. Then, I check where the lighting is on the other stuff (top right in this) and go over stuff with transparent gray. I usually do three different shades of the colors; the original, lightest color on the right, then a tiny bit darker in the center 6 pixels, then for the remaining ones a little darker than that.
You should get someone else's advice too, though.

Someone should make...

PETS!

Sprites are the easiest thing to do for games IMO.

Sprites are the easiest thing to do for games IMO.
They're really all I can do...
I don't even do them particularly well, at that.

See?
This turned out terrible. I might make another attempt and make the crest higher. Either that or make it cuboid.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:38:13 AM by Katadeus »

You should use the template that proog gave, it has more space. x)

You should use the template that proog gave, it has more space. x)
I know.
It's just less convenient when you want to have five squares.
I should make myself one with five, though. I'll create a really easy template to use.

It's got transparency in the background, but still has box outlines, and it has the one normally colored example sprite and the rest are white to make them easier to erase. The above picture is on photobucket, the below one is just an easier to access attachment, if you're silly.
EDIT: Fixed transparency.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:26:12 AM by Katadeus »

When did spriting become the new big thing??

When did spriting become the new big thing??

I think it was always a great thing to do.

I made this one a few days ago:

camera
do you draw/sprite anything besides dragons
oh wait nevermind, forgot gif adventures