Author Topic: Cube RPG, a BYOND Project (REVIVAL!)  (Read 16522 times)

Can you give me a link to a beta version of the game please?

The topic doesn't need to be bumped every 40 minutes Block, and I'm pretty certain there isn't going to be a link to the game for AT LEAST a few days, if not a few weeks.

That hatchet needs it's head sticking out more.

Generic sprite whoring by me.

Awesome, that'll do nicely for the king.

I suggest doing something Cow RP left out, other types of metal, be creative, add something similar to the Nether in Minecraft, it makes the game last much longer.

I also suggest the other mode of Cow RP where everyone is a peasent/laborer, no one is a king.

I want to add some in-depth stuff, there would be a bigger mining system, and of course, a bigger map, I'd like the map to be about 500 - 700 icons wide [That's almost twice the size of Space Station 13] And have lots of "islands" to explore.

Starter shop? You could start off with some pocket change and the shopkeep could sell tools pertaining to your class (hatchets, rakes, shovels, stuff like that)

I just thought of an idea, any job other than the king gets a randomly-chosen item to start with, so you could start with a pickaxe, hatchet, or shovel, but an NPC-controlled shop could work too.

The topic doesn't need to be bumped every 40 minutes Block, and I'm pretty certain there isn't going to be a link to the game for AT LEAST a few days, if not a few weeks.
Pretty much, maybe not weeks, but certainly not today.

Awesome, that'll do nicely for the king.
I thought that too! :D

Here's a preview of the current crafting system! It's much like the on Cow RP, but a bit more refined.

Step 1 Cut down a tree with any type of hatchet, and collect the log.

Step 2 Put the log anywhere you want and hit it with your hatchet, this will split it into planks for use!

Step 3 Pick up the planks and store them, then go to the "manufacture" tab and select whatever you want, for example, a bed, you'll get a confirmation message for the construction, and a symbol showing where it will be, say "yes" and it will be there for you!

Step 4 Enjoy whatever you built!

At the moment, you can actually build beds with wood only, you'll probably need to use a material with it in the future.

So, any comments on the building system?

Looks nice, but having to put down your materials to craft them is a little iffy.
I wouldn't want to have to drop some rare golden log or something to craft with it only to have a pubbie steal it.

Any way you can work around it?

You don't need to put all your materials down, it's currently just for logs, but yeah, it wouldn't be fun if someone steals it, maybe a "cut" verb would be available when you select it in the inventory, and you can cut it as long as you have a hatchet? That could be a solution.

Also, two new things!
The king's outfit reeks of royalty, while slightly off by a pixel. [And cubes can have different colours! gasp!]

And also windows are now ingame.

I was hoping I could get these done before you added the king's outfit, but I did some directional poses and touch ups. The crown even has 8 coloured gems that are properly aligned depending on the direction.

I admit, the sprite i put ingame didn't actually have any directions, i didn't make any yet, so you made it in time.

Lol, i had to make one too :3

Mine is not nearly as good as Proog's though.

I must contribute to this with dragons!

What size are the sprites?