Author Topic: "World of Cars" - A Random Assortment of Cars from All Around the World  (Read 62572 times)

Decided to salvage this from my model dump:

Barnabas, will you finish working on all of your cars, then release them all and then you should start modeling some more.

Yeah, I should probably wrap up development on those which are nearly ready. Cars which only need  things like a wreckage model or some script tuning.

I think for the time being I should finish and release cars not quite in the following order:

Diplomat - to decide on the fate of the steering wheel
Coach - pretty much done, just a bit of script is needed so people won't rape the door animation.
Supermini - special versions can wait, it's been stuck in the development hell for much too long
Station Wagon - the interior needs some love and care and more details,handling needs to be more land-yacht like,
Bohemia - it is pretty much done, need some more ideas for cargo, need a wreckage model too
Ambulance/Microbus update - script needs to be fixed
Estate - interior needs to be updated, collision mesh needs to be fixed. The models could use some tidying up too.
Sportster - fix a few things on the body, wreckage model needed, alloys needed for rally version.

Wow, these cars looks great! I hope you finish them all.

Yeah, I should probably wrap up development on those which are nearly ready. Cars which only need  things like a wreckage model or some script tuning.

I think for the time being I should finish and release cars not quite in the following order:

Diplomat - to decide on the fate of the steering wheel
Coach - pretty much done, just a bit of script is needed so people won't rape the door animation.
Supermini - special versions can wait, it's been stuck in the development hell for much too long
Station Wagon - the interior needs some love and care and more details,handling needs to be more land-yacht like,
Bohemia - it is pretty much done, need some more ideas for cargo, need a wreckage model too
Ambulance/Microbus update - script needs to be fixed
Estate - interior needs to be updated, collision mesh needs to be fixed. The models could use some tidying up too.
Sportster - fix a few things on the body, wreckage model needed, alloys needed for rally version.

You forgot the Old Truck and the Modern Sedan pack. Or did you dump them? Or are they not closed to being finished?

OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYG OSHOHMYGOSH
I love the 50's car. Thanks so much Barn

OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH

You saw the old car didn't you...

as i said before you could put a couple of bricks in the back, like 2x4's or maybe window bricks like one of those glass truck things.

I added a pallet of 1x2 bricks in the back. The car itself is litle so can't really put huge stuff on it. Also, loving steering animation is driving me nuts. I might just drop it. That piece of loving stuff seems to appear all fine in Blender but for some reason the model in game is like "lol forget you!" and thus the wheel is slightly turned to the right. Otherwise it rotates fine, but still, it annoys me.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:43:17 PM by Barnabas »

I added a pallet of 1x2 bricks in the back. The car itself is litle so can't really put huge stuff on it. Also, loving steering animation is driving me nuts. I might just drop it. That piece of loving stuff seems to appear all fine in Blender but for some reason the model in game is like "lol forget you!" and thus the wheel is slightly turned to the right. Otherwise it rotates fine, but still, it annoys me.
Dumb question, but did you try rotating it to the left in Blender?

im going to be an annoying little stuff and ask you if you can put up a picture of the Bohemia w/ bricks

loving steering animation is driving me nuts. I might just drop it. That piece of loving stuff seems to appear all fine in Blender but for some reason the model in game is like "lol forget you!" and thus the wheel is slightly turned to the right. Otherwise it rotates fine, but still, it annoys me.

Where you talking about the Diplomat? And please post the pictures of the bricks in the Bohema.

The brick pallet load:

Also, the 50's car is called as "Cortez", and it handles like a boat on land so it's not quite for slalom courses.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 12:00:42 PM by Barnabas »