Author Topic: Banned players crash server  (Read 3367 times)

You revived. It seems if someone is on for a while and leaves and joins servers at a constant rate, then their auth stops working and you gotta clsoe and reopen to get it working again.

You revived.
Eh? Did I miss something?

You mean the topic? I just found new information about the cause of the error; isn't that the best possible time to revive it?

Anywho, that's interesting that auth doesn't like you server-hopping a bunch, but I'm not sure how that helps me from a host perspective to prevent auth failures or, barring that, keep auth failures from crashing my game.

The information didn't help, as crashing because of auth doesn't happen to anyone else (they would have posted about it already), you still revived. You need to post a log o when it happened when the person joined and auth failed.

By "joining and leaving at a constant rate", I didn't mean joining and leaving every 6 seconds, I meant leaving and joining at...a constant rate, but I don't mean leaving and joining fast and stuff. After Joining and leaving enough servers, over a period of 30 minutes to an hour, auth won't work. Also, I can't f'ing remember the whole word for auth (how it's spelled) and I don't know why. Please help :(
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 02:59:47 PM by -=>RR<=-MasterCE »

authorization.  :cookieMonster:

I pose that it is new info, as I didn't know if the auth failure was a symptom of the real problem or somehow related to the cause - I now believe it's the latter.

THIS IS MR. WALLET.

BADSPOT PLEASE STOP JOINING MY SERVER.

You keep auth failing and crashing me!  :panda:

Log file of this happening, please.

it's always the same:
Code: [Select]
Got Connect challenge Request from IP:[address here]:28000
Got Connect Request
Connect request from: IP:[address here]:28000
  lan name = [their lan name here]
  net name = [their net name here]
AUTHCHECK: [some number here]
    Internet client connecting to internet server, regular authentication
Authentication Failed for [net name here] ([address here]).
Issuing Disconnect packet.
ERROR: GameConnection::onClientLeaveGame() - Client "[net name here]" has no brick group.
CDROP: 11061 IP:[address here]:28000

then there's a serious error/needs to close popup from windows.

Badspot, seriously. It's not fair for you to crash my server all the time after I paid 20 bucks for the game. Please stop trying to join Wallet's.

Badspot

• Administrator
I am not joining your server.  It is some dude pretending to be me, that is why the authentication fails.  I don't have this problem that you are describing and neither does anyone else.  What add-ons have you installed?

Right now a bundle including some custom ones, but listen, It happens on clean installs. I have deleted my Blockland Folder, re-downloaded, put my registration key in, gone online, banned someone asking them to try and reconnect, and it crashes. It has nothing to do with my add-ons. I've also checked every single addon (including the default ones) for mentions of bricks and brickGroups to make sure none were trying to delete something that wasn't there or what have you. I'm not sure how it could be a compatibility issue with my hardware, but if it's only happening to me then it seems plausible.

Glad to hear you're not screwing with my server, sorry for getting all on your case.  :cookie: It's just really annoying to have an average server life of <40 minutes.

Rex

Oh god...I hope no one will be pissed at me for reviving this REALLY old topic...

Anyway, THIS HAPPENS TO ME TO. Someone pretending to be Badspot crashes my server, and banning people is death to my server. Just so everyone knows it's not as unique as it appears.

What is his name? Badspoot?

Rex

No, their net name is badspot...I can tell it's not him because the console also displays their LAN name. It's usually something like "PURPLE BANANA DUDE" or whatever.