Block Party Underground Base

Author Topic: Block Party Underground Base  (Read 2632 times)

I built this over the course of several days, and I am very satisfied with the result.

First, we have a general overview of what I built.

The entrance is protected by a very simple little code mechanism. Click the four bricks to change their color to either black or red; the right combination opens the door.

Down a short hallway is a cozy little area with some kitchen and living room stuff.

Bunk beds that can be slept in. Unfortunately, due to glitchiness with crouch-sitting, when you do so, your perspective goes above the ceiling. Oh well.

Here's the water elevator and a few windows that peek out of the terrain.

The hallway to the challenge, and a little evented opinions thing. I clicked the dislike button a few times just to check its functionality. It is, unfortunately, spammable, and there is no way to make it not work for the same person twice on the block party.

A little hole in the wall that has a treasure brick in it. The treasure brick acts like a miniature sun, which is why there's grass growing there. I don't know why I did that, I just liked the idea.

The challenge area. I won't reveal what's within it, because that would make it a lot less interesting. The challenge is quite fast once you know how to do it. I've done it all the way through three or four times.

Poetry turtle. Most boss thing since Lord Vader.

There are a few hidden treasure bricks around the build. You'll find them if you look hard enough, but not otherwise. One of them is nearly, and don't misquote me, NEARLY impossible to get without jetting, but I managed it. Sounds kinda pathetic, but it really isn't.
Please rate on a scale of one to ten, and nothing stupid like "OVER NEIN FOUNTAIN!!!!!!" or whatever it is that you young people say these days. Also, if you would complete the challenge or try out the poetry turtle (with an exclusive, original poem) or rate the build with it's built-in rating system, I would greatly appreciate it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 03:02:29 PM by Katadeus »

Silly people, I won't bite your heads off. People have read this; post! Rate!

Looks nice.
Next time taking pictures, turn your texture quality up.

Looks nice.
Next time taking pictures, turn your texture quality up.
Ah, I'm sorry, I forgot. I always have it minimal; I lag horribly otherwise.

It's a very nice build. I've seen it ingame.

It's a very nice build. I've seen it ingame.
Thanks.
I've got all sorts of new stuff in now, but I don't want to document it; it's just too much of a hassle.
It's a shame about the layout of the place. I could re-do it a lot better, but it would take a few hours still.

Katadeus its me... Where in the hell is my underground place?

Right next to mine, where it sits, looking like some sort of overgrown pyramid. Except not square at the base.

Right next to mine, where it sits, looking like some sort of overgrown pyramid. Except not square at the base.

They didn't delete it?

Looks like you have your texture detail down.

Build looks alright.

Looks like you have your texture detail down.

Build looks alright.
Thanks. I needed a little bit of feedback with some thought put into it.

Doh... Its very good bro... Do you still have that one door?

The front door is still there, still locked.

Alright then.
_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ ___
The Terragen looking exterior is quite boring, and the trees are colored oddly. Try building your trees instead of using the default pine brick.

The interior is bland being boxy and all, add some decor other than furniture. The rooms are a bit small, and the ceilings are a bit low. Try extending the rooms and making them bigger. The furniture is alright. I can tell what it is at least, but it doesn't really fit with the build style along with the room size themselves.

The hole in the wall is nice. Good use of ramps.

Overall I rate this build a 6.5/10. Not really that special, but a nice effort. ..And turn your texture quality up.
_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ ___
Was that feedback good enough for you?