Cloud Generator v3 (Realism Update 11/11/11)

Author Topic: Cloud Generator v3 (Realism Update 11/11/11)  (Read 14060 times)

I think it would be a bit more useful if it made layered clouds, not flat ones.

This.

I remember you showing me this on Crown's server. :cookieMonster: (pretty sure it was on Crown's)

Ah, I see. You can have jet battles and actually s- Actually... No. That is stupid. I see no use in this.

I remember you showing me this on Crown's server. :cookieMonster: (pretty sure it was on Crown's)
It was

Yayy
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 07:13:02 AM by Crown2 »

I do plan on adding layered clouds.

Sorry, I mean cloud depth.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:07:06 AM by otto-san »

Everything is potentially abusive. Please do not try to bring down peoples work with a thoughtless excuse.
You're stupid.

its great for blockland but i do think if you work on it more you can make big 3D clouds just work a little more

adding 3D clouds would be extremely easy and there are quite a few ways i could go about doing it.

You're stupid.
he has a point though  :cookieMonster:

Oh also.

I had a realization today.

it does three searches of the entire area you set, then on one of them it loops the amount of times you set as the expansion loop parameter.

xyl+2xy = p

p being the total amount of cells processed.

Keep that in mind when generating! :D

128*128*10+2*128*128

163840 + 32768 = 196,608 cells processed total. Surprisingly, at that rate it doesn't lag much at all,  probably since it's mostly dealing with abstract stuff.

ALTHOUGH, there's also the case that I've my math wrong.

EDIT:

I also plan to make a feature where you can save the cloud layer generated, but I may not since that's pretty silly.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:45:44 PM by otto-san »

I'm kind of confused.. I'm probably just being a ditz though.
What I'm getting is that it builds lots of white plate bricks on the ground in a random fluffy fashion?
Is it supposed to be- like - for pixel pictures? Or do they actual float and from below look like blocko clouds? The latter would be pretty cool

I'm kind of confused.. I'm probably just being a ditz though.
What I'm getting is that it builds lots of white plate bricks on the ground in a random fluffy fashion?
Is it supposed to be- like - for pixel pictures? Or do they actual float and from below look like blocko clouds? The latter would be pretty cool

It generates random cloud layers and when you build, it super shifts it. It can't automatically make it float since it's clientsided, you can use any brick. I tend to use 2x2x1 bricks for it since that gives you double the size without losing too much of the quality. Doing it with 1x1x1 bricks will give you much better quality.

So, it generates clouds out of bricks?