Author Topic: Cloud Generator v3 (Realism Update 11/11/11)  (Read 14061 times)

Yes, yes it does.

BTW: Does it count as bricks?
If you clearallbricks does it clear the cluds too?
This is about as abusable as the macro system, to be honest.

If you look at the examples I provided, you'll see that the clouds are indeed bricks. And as such, they will be cleared if you clear bricks.

Thunderstorm clouds can be miles wide.
Your "adjustable" is not "adjustable" enough.
and also, thunderstorm clouds can be hundereds of meters high. and this is if it were on the ground.

The GUI Sometimes randomly pops up wile i play which is odd

* Declines Killer2's friend request

Thunderstorm clouds can be miles wide.
Your "adjustable" is not "adjustable" enough.
and also, thunderstorm clouds can be hundereds of meters high. and this is if it were on the ground.
Sorry if my cloud generator is not as good as your cloud generator.

It takes a ton of tinkering to get things just right.

and again i cannot make them build in the air, how hard is this to understand?

If you're so mad about it not being realistic enough, just wait until I finally finish the fractal generator.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:36:54 PM by otto-san »

* PurpleMetro loves this but he wants new version NAW

The GUI Sometimes randomly pops up wile i play which is odd
That is odd.

What is your keybind set to? It shouldn't do that.

* PurpleMetro loves this but he wants new version NAW
not at the top of my list, but it's pretty close to the area near the top where i start paying attention to it more.

and again i cannot make them build in the air, how hard is this to understand?
Note that I said nothing in my last post about building them in the air.

Note that I said nothing in my last post about building them in the air.

?

Or were you talking about it not having enough depth?

edit:

Also, sorry for being a bit snippy in that last post. I'm a bit tired right now, and I act like a cranky old man when I'm tired. :(

Yes, i was talking about more depth, and wider, longer, stuff like that.

Yes, i was talking about more depth, and wider, longer, stuff like that.
Right.

Yeah, this generation method is a bit silly. I finished writing a new generator in school today, I'm going to test it out at some point.

It completely re-does most of the generation to focus more on adding depth. If I can get it working, the update after I'll make it use its own pseudo-randoms system so you can use seeds in the generator.

The next update will include a serversided and clientsided generation usage of the system by default.

It'll use these parameters:

• X and Y
  • Magnitude
  • Cloud Center* Depth Range
  • Depth Difference in Relation to Adjacent Cells*
  • Expansion Loops
  • Seeds*
  • Build Type*
  • Cloud Colour ID
  • Cloud Brick Datablock
  • Get Absolute Value of Depth*

Blue : Will not be implemented in the first version of this generator.
Orange : Exclusive to the Server generation.

* : Elaboration needed
-Cloud Center : The points generated first from which clouds expand.
-Depth Difference in Relation to Adjacent Cells : The difference in height betwixt two cells during expansion.
--For example, if this range is "0 2", the difference in depth between a cell and the one that it expanded from can only be between zero and two bricks downwards UNLESS absolute value of depth is off, in which case it could subtract the negative depth from the adjacent cell, making it larger.
-Seeds : The current seeded pseudo-random number generator makes use of two seeds to determine the number.
-Build Type : Determines whether the cloud layer should be made server-sided or client-sided.
-Get Absolute Value of Depth : If this is on, any depth will have mAbs used on it. When building the cloud layer, any cell value zero or lower is ignored. Turning this off can probably cause problems but it may also make some cool effects.

Despite what I've said earlier, this will not use a fractal generator. I couldn't find any descriptive documentation on fractal generation.

Okay, I got the new generator working fairly well.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11058668/cloudGenerator.cs

There are still a few problems, but you can figure out how that works until I get a good version working and released.

Sorry for triple post, I added in a smoothing system because clouds were generating odd shapes that just stopped really high up.

Comparison:

Non-smoothed:

Smoothed:

EDIT:

Note this version is highly adjustable. There are a total of twenty-two parameters at this time (Some of which are optional or server-only.), which all can change the look of the clouds if you know what you're doing.

The parameters are as follows:

mX
mY
M
rMin
rMax
dDMin
dDMax
loops
Type
dB
cloudColour
getAbs
expC
intposX
intposY
intposZ
secondChances
smooth
smoothloops
sDifMi
sDifMa

edit:

V3 Out!

Download the new version, it's got a new GUI and new script and everything. I'll upload a video soon.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 04:07:03 PM by otto-san »

mX
mY
M
rMin
rMax
dDMin
dDMax
loops
Type
dB
cloudColour
getAbs
expC
intposX
intposY
intposZ
secondChances
smooth
smoothloops
sDifMi
sDifMa
I only know what 8 of those are by reading it, when i see sDifMi or dDMax, it needs a bit more explaining....