Author Topic: Looping a function  (Read 2903 times)

The guy was looking for a way to loop a function he probably would make himself.
He wasn't looking for a universal loop that he can just slap into his code and everything can work.

Yes we have already been over this.  I just like things to be recursive able to handle more kinds of input.

Just admit that your example was really bad and that's what the whole argument was about.

Nope.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 12:49:56 PM by Nexus »

Yes we have already been over this.  I just like things to be recursive.

Nope.

:cookieMonster:

1. What you posted is not recursion. You should probably look up the meaning of recursion because you're doing it wrong.

2. Your advice was stuff and your stubbornness and ego are going to prevent you from being anything better than mediocre if you can't accept when you're wrong and learn from others.

1. What you posted is not recursion. You should probably look up the meaning of recursion because you're doing it wrong.

Ok fine, I thought recursion was being able to handle universal inputs but yes I was mistaken.  It is probably apparent that I still have yet to learn a ton of stuff.

Edit:  I wonder if there is a concise name for what I was thinking of.  Maybe something like flexible?

2. Your advice was stuff and your stubbornness and ego are going to prevent you from being anything better than mediocre if you can't accept when you're wrong and learn from others.

:|

I'm sorry Ephi but you are either too busy to read everything or must have misread something because I admitted I was wrong several times and said the other methods are better.  I have learned a ton from other posts in this thread about things I had never known about.  I really do not think this needs to be discussed.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:32:29 PM by Nexus »

Thank you for all your help,
I shall be locking this now because this topic has turned into an argument over who is superior.

I forgot one last question,

Why does the loop function that Red_Guy gave me loop it the number of times all at once instead of one by one, and how can I prevent that?

Nvm
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 03:51:31 PM by Aide33 »