Author Topic: Strongly recommended Features.  (Read 2520 times)

Hello folks.

As the Add-On development is going on and on there are some minor adjustments that have to be done to make sure the gameplay get's more fluid and easy.

Example 1:
Aloshi's RPG Mod introduces a massive amount of custom commands that are mostly basic stuff for the mod, like /checkmoney.
You don't know them until someone tells you them.

Example 2:
Server rules, well, that's something that is always annoying, as a ServerAdmin you have to write them using Letters on Bricks (In most cases a massive amount of them -_-)
and as a User you have to find them.
They also take up a big space.

Wanted solution:
A Custom Message Window, where the content can be defined by the server.

Example 1:
Client Side:
Code: [Select]
You join a Server, a few seconds after you spawn a text window opens with a server description also containing information about a few basic commands like /rules etc. that is defined by the server.
Server Side:
A player joins a Server, you've defined that a message window will be shown with a text defined by you when the player spawns. The player spawns and the server sends the command that a message window will be opened containing a text that will also be send by the server.
Example 2:
Client Side:
You want to know the rules of a Server.
- You type in press a key (for example F3, it's bound to the info command in this case) and the server info opens, there you can see you have to type /rules to get the Server Rules.
- You type in /rules and get a message window where all server rules are listed.

Server Side:
The user requests the Server Info as a message window, the server directly sends the command to open the message window with a defined text to the client.

After that the Client sends /rules , in this case the server will send the command to open a message window with the rules of the server to the client.

Conclusion:
This is a basic update and functionality that should be existant on every client in BLR, it's not something that should be done using an Add-On on the client side.
Many users in BLR don't know how to add Add-Ons and will ask for commands etc. that's just not something a server admin wants to have.

This functionality shouldn't be hard to create, it can be done using a minor amount of code.

Greetings
  Zerosan

Very possible. Might just make it.

Very possible. Might just make it.

It has to be fully included in the next update, if only few people have it it's worth nothing.

Badspot

• Administrator
One work around solution is to use the ok message box.  Keep in mind that you are limited to 255 characters (including the 'messageboxok' and "hey noob" parts).

commandtoclient(%client, 'messageboxok', "HEY NOOB", "Here are teh commands<just:left>\n\n\\Poop\n\\Hax\n\\checkmoney");

You can also use center print:

commandtoclient(%client, 'centerprint', "\c3hey noob<just:left>\c0\nRule 1: no cheating\nRule 2: no hax\nRule 3: you suck\nRule 4: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFF", 15);

Are you on Drugs Badspot? O.o.

I might attempt to make, Only thing is i wouldnt know how to make a message pop up when they spawn.

Should also only come up when they spawn the first time...

One work around solution is to use the ok message box.  Keep in mind that you are limited to 255 characters (including the 'messageboxok' and "hey noob" parts).

commandtoclient(%client, 'messageboxok', "HEY NOOB", "Here are teh commands<just:left>\n\n\\Poop\n\\Hax\n\\checkmoney");

You can also use center print:

commandtoclient(%client, 'centerprint', "\c3hey noob<just:left>\c0\nRule 1: no cheating\nRule 2: no hax\nRule 3: you suck\nRule 4: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFF", 15);

That's not so bad for the beginning,
but it would be still better to create a better solution for this.

Could you please do it badspot?^^

I might attempt to make, Only thing is i wouldnt know how to make a message pop up when they spawn.

package Spawn {
function GameConnection::spawnPlayer(%this)
{
parent::spawnPlayer(%this);
//Stuff
}
};
activatepackage(Spawn);

I wish you could add Keybinds or force Download of Guis.

Are you on Drugs Badspot? O.o.

You should be able to re-write them after a rule break to make people know you're watching them.

package Spawn {
function GameConnection::spawnPlayer(%this)
{
parent::spawnPlayer(%this);
//Stuff
}
};
activatepackage(Spawn);

I wish you could add Keybinds or force Download of Guis.

That's why I want that there is a standard gui dialog that content can be defined by the server. (Not static, it should be dynamic, for different commands and situations)

someone already made this, I guess he no release it

someone already made this, I guess he no release it

I can only imagine 2 things at this time.

1 - You mean the server where big messages are displayed over the console.
2 - A Add-On that isn't existent on all clients, and simply doesn't isn't that valuable then.

What is needed is that the server defined textbox is existent on all clients.