2D-ish brick (read description)

Author Topic: 2D-ish brick (read description)  (Read 1138 times)

so i made a house with 1 brick thick walls and it doesnt look pretty because the outside is the same color as the inside.  So i thought that someone could make a brick that was either 2D, which might not work because the face may disappear, or a very thin brick sliver.  This would then enable you to cover an entire wall with these bricks and have a different color on the inside than the outside.

some of you may say, "use 2 brick wide walls" well i say forget you cuz i dont like how thick and stuffty that looks.  i just need something i can paint another color but not take up a whole lot of room.  And it would be default no colliding or ray casting.

You could make colored prints and make walls out of print bricks. :P

This exactly. (oh and how do you not make it have links?
EDIT:aw man it's a failed picture.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 11:03:29 PM by lilpappaknox »

except im using the sloped ramp bricks for the outside, and using print bricks would look bad on the outside and would be spammy.

I get it.

Sorta like the 1x2x2 print plate, it's flat. You could possibly just turn that print around onto the other side. :o

I get it.

Sorta like the 1x2x2 print plate, it's flat. You could possibly just turn that print around onto the other side. :o

forgot about that

so ya, how about some longer segments of the the 2x2 plate upright so that a wall can be made without it being to spammy

Or, you know, you could layer your walls..

Or, you know, you could layer your walls..

Oh no, that's not possible! That involves the slightest shred of thought, planning, and logic! No one on Blockland could possibly do that!

Really though, this does seem like the easiest way to make different colors on the inside. It doesn't work with JVS doors that well because there's a slight gap where you can see both colors, but no one solution can be entirely perfect.

Oh no, that's not possible! That involves the slightest shred of thought, planning, and logic! No one on Blockland could possibly do that!

Really though, this does seem like the easiest way to make different colors on the inside. It doesn't work with JVS doors that well because there's a slight gap where you can see both colors, but no one solution can be entirely perfect.

except i hate that kind of house, It looks bad, i looks unrealistic (what im trying to aim for), and it doesnt work with jvs very well.

How about instead of making suggestions that noobs use in their first builds, someone could possibly make this to aid in more advanced builds.

Is it possible to make a half-width brick?

Is it possible to make a half-width brick?

Yes and no.

What he wants is a brick that can both be a half-brick and coincide with other half-bricks, which I don't believe is possible.

It's quite possible to have half-bricks that DON'T coincide with other half-bricks, in fact there already are some such brick in existence.

-it doesnt work with jvs very well.-

Then triple layer your walls or pop the door frame out on one side. There are ways to do this without needing a new brick pack.

I think I have an idea how this could be done. If someone could make me (or link me to) a few 'x 0.5 x' size bricks, I could do the rest.