Blockland single player adventure story.

Author Topic: Blockland single player adventure story.  (Read 5681 times)

Get out.

Nah I'm glad he bumped it, it shows people still are interested in the idea. No matter how handicapped they may be.

I'll throw my support behind this idea, though I can not script.

if co-op is included, then i will totally support this

if co-op is included, then i will totally support this

Sure, why not. But it would have to be limited to about or less than 4 players.

Sure, why not. But it would have to be limited to about or less than 4 players.
after installed v20, I not see any adventure story there.

after installed v20, I not see any adventure story there.

Someone has to make it, duh.

I have tried several times to make such a thing (mostly with blocks) and the single hardest thing to work around is the horrendous AI used for bots. Even with clever Bot eventing they are really limited to shooting at you from across an open room. If you totally disable their AI you can make some nice scripted events but they are useless for actually attacking/helping players.

The best way to do this is if you owned the BL Source code and scripted an application much like the Dedicated Server.  You would start it up and when you run Blockland, it asks you if you would like to try the Adventure mode.  Even better if it worked with LAN.

wasn't purplemetro working on this too?

This reminds me of something.....oh yeah, me, and my obsession to bring a minecraft styled infinite RPG to blockland :cookieMonster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeJPHTOokN8

You could use the chunk generator (old version in video, much better now) and a terrain generator that follows the player, and creates quests as it goes along, for example, terragen, and its simple but popular quest