Blockland single player adventure story.

Author Topic: Blockland single player adventure story.  (Read 5691 times)

I think a single player adventure story is exactly what Blockland needs to get its ass in gear to compete with other building sandbox games. Let's say this single player adventure could be similar to the official Lego Island's layout. We could have a small island village map complete with it's own goals, quests, unlockables, NPCs, etc. I actually have a great example, there is a fanmade game called Lego Island 3 which uses almost the same tools as torque and the entire map is scripted to include quests, trigger events, etc.

Take the concept from one of these examples and turn it into your own adventure

I'll add more information as I go along with this.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:38:10 AM by Lørd Tøny »

Needs to be an official project to maintain momentum.

Needs to be an official project to maintain momentum.

I'm not even sure if Badspot would even be remotely interested in this.

Unless you mean a group of members got together and started to help each other with certain parts of the project. I could even help with interior design.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:35:31 AM by Lørd Tøny »

big custom map pack+custom ai's+custom rimsscripted "missions"=BAV

inb4mainadventuremode.

But still, this is needed, and a lot of people would want this.

But still, this is needed, and a lot of people would want this.

I've heard some people mentioning it before too.

Sounds a bit too RPG-Oriented, I think it would be better as a server. And btw: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=167170.0

I was thinking of making a challenge-like map with a sort of quest to it, but the entire idea is kind of meh.

I never said it had to be an RPG.

Sounds a bit too RPG-Oriented, I think it would be better as a server. And btw: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=167170.0
Did you click the link? 

-snip-

Why are you requesting things that come default with BL? ._.