Author Topic: First-Person tumble event  (Read 927 times)

Anyone remember the tumble event? It makes you do that tumble thing when you fall off skis. However, what I need is the same tumble event thing except that as you tumble you are stuck in first-person rather than third person. Would be great for making dramatic falling sequences.

Tumble Event + First-Person Only Playertype.

Tumble Event + First-Person Only Playertype.
I tried that, it doesn't work.

I also tried setting firstPersonOnly to 1 on the vehicle that it uses for tumbling and that didn't work either.

Oh... really?  Damn, then I dunno.

It won't work normally because you control the camera object while tumbling. You'd probably need to recode the tumble function to revoke the player's control in some other way.

Does the tumble event come with that player or does it require the skis add-on to work? Because maybe we could just copy the tumble vehicle and redo it to have the player forced into first-person.

Does the tumble event come with that player or does it require the skis add-on to work? Because maybe we could just copy the tumble vehicle and redo it to have the player forced into first-person.
It won't work normally because you control the camera object while tumbling. You'd probably need to recode the tumble function to revoke the player's control in some other way.