Author Topic: Buttons  (Read 952 times)

Hey do anyone have a fast code if possible that if you press a button inside a gui you will open a page?

What do you mean, "open a page"?

I think he means open a webpage.
Try running a trace while clicking a link in chat.

gotoWebPage(FULL URL including http://);
I believe that is the function executed when you click a link in chat. hope this helps.

also
I think he means open a webpage.
Try running a trace while clicking a link in chat.
placid, running a trace really is not a great way to find out how something is running, especially if you have RTB, where it spams the console at a rate of around 10 lines per second. I think google garagegames is a much less painful alternative.
EDIT: if you are smart like nexus down there you will turn off RTB before tracing... then find that it still does not always work.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:25:24 PM by wizzlemanizzle »

I believe that is the function executed when you click a link in chat. hope this helps.

also placid, running a trace really is not a great way to find out how something is running, especially if you have RTB, where it spams the console at a rate of around 10 lines per second. I think google is a much less painful alternative.

If you use http:// isnt the rest of the text going to be green and not useable then?

Edit: i used "" inside it and it worked.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:30:58 PM by xcruso »

also placid, running a trace really is not a great way to find out how something is running, especially if you have RTB, where it spams the console at a rate of around 10 lines per second. I think google is a much less painful alternative.

Tracing is fantastic, you should do it more often.

I always disable rtb when tracing.

Finding out specific blockland functions on google is not a great way to go.

then find that it still does not always work.

No, it always does work.

also placid, running a trace really is not a great way to find out how something is running, especially if you have RTB, where it spams the console at a rate of around 10 lines per second. I think google garagegames is a much less painful alternative.
EDIT: if you are smart like nexus down there you will turn off RTB before tracing... then find that it still does not always work.
um lol
tracing is just about the best way to find a function name if you don't have access to a forum you can post and wait 3 hours to see if anyone's answered.

How about we stop bumping this topic telling me I am wrong, since I answered the question 4 posts ago and he said it worked...
I don't like to trace, it's as simple as that, it gives you far too much information to work with when you need to see what a SINGLE thing is. I.E. try doing a trace and then typing a message into the chat...
I would give the massive pile of garbage that explodes into the console, but its probably 10000 characters over the f*cking post limit.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 07:41:05 PM by wizzlemanizzle »

it gives you a message every time you type something in. big deal, go bottom to top. you'll find it better that way.

How about we stop bumping this topic telling me I am wrong, since I answered the question 4 posts ago and he said it worked...
I don't like to trace, it's as simple as that, it gives you far too much information to work with when you need to see what a SINGLE thing is. I.E. try doing a trace and then typing a message into the chat...
I would give the massive pile of garbage that explodes into the console, but its probably 10000 characters over the f*cking post limit.

There's no excuse for asking someone else to help you when the answer is right in front of you and you're too lazy to find it

I think everyone will notice this was a statement of how I feel about tracing and why, with an example to show my reasoning. It was NOT a call to argument! The MOST important part of the post was to tell you all to stop bumping the topic which has already been answered with information irrelevant to the original question(btw, yes I KNOW that its a bump of roughly an hour, but it's still completely uneccesary). Go make a drama topic about how I don't like to trace if you care THAT strongly about my personal opinion. And
There's no excuse for asking someone else to help you when the answer is right in front of you and you're too lazy to find it
I dont usually ask on the forums, I either read the documentation or I look up a post by someone else. BTW, Nice avatar pic Headcrab. :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 07:52:04 PM by wizzlemanizzle »