Poll

Should Duplicator & Fill Can be Default?

Yes
No
I Could Care Less
Duplicator,not Fill Can
Fill Can,not Duplicator

Author Topic: Should Duplicator & Fill Can be Default?  (Read 3067 times)

It doesn't matter if they're default or not. We all have them anyways.

It doesn't matter if they're default or not. We all have them anyways.
Not everyone has them. They're potentially abusable on terms of lagging a server. Sure there's settings to prevent them, but most people who download them disregard these settings.

They are great add-ons for speedy building, but I think any addition to the game like that should remain an add-on. The mod system is there to expand the games capabilities, what mods are 'the best' is subjective to each player-- where do you draw the line about what should be made default? Since its not core to playing Blockland, it should remain an optional extra.
The point here is that they're widly used and accepted add-ons.
The duplicator (and maybe fill can, idk never used it) need to be rewritten before anything like that would happen though.

My duplicator works like a charm ;) However, both of these items have the potential to lag a server and are not necessary to the game. (Don't try using the fill can on the golden gate bridge.)

Error-Free Duplicator and Fill Can: YES

Buggy Duplicator and Fill Can: NO

If the owners fixed all the bugs, these should be in the default add-ons.

I think that if someone fixes them up, they should also make it so only the brick owner can dupe/fillcan. Or at least it should be a preferance. I was using salvage mod and someone broke the server with the duplicator...

I think that if someone fixes them up, they should also make it so only the brick owner can dupe/fillcan. Or at least it should be a preferance. I was using salvage mod and someone broke the server with the duplicator...
That's an RTB pref already. And who would run a salvage server with public duper?

That's an RTB pref already. And who would run a salvage server with public duper?
Really? the duplicator can be restricted to only do your own, even if someone has your trust? :o
And I didn't think of that when I started the server, silly meh

I am pretty sure that the creators would be honored if their addons became default, and I know that they are very useful... Yes!
I just now realized,Ephialtes actually helped make the duplicator.I don't think he would be so excited,considering he's a moderator+helped make Blockland.

I just now realized,Ephialtes actually helped make the duplicator.I don't think he would be so excited,considering he's a moderator+helped make Blockland.
Why does everyone think Ephialtes helped make Blockland?  He was a beta tester and made Rtb.

The duplicator should be kept an RTB mod and not default, sense you need the RTB prefs to even have the Duplicator working, for limits and such.
I could be wrong, once I got full version I got RTB so I never noticed no pref when you didn't RTB.
But either way, it should stay an add on, let the new people learn to build piece by piece so they can get used to things, then spam everything.

Really? the duplicator can be restricted to only do your own, even if someone has your trust? :o
And I didn't think of that when I started the server, silly meh
This is exactly what I mean by
most people who download them disregard these settings.

The duplicator should be kept an RTB mod and not default, sense you need the RTB prefs to even have the Duplicator working, for limits and such.
Yeah, it's not like we have an advanced server configuration menu available before starting a server.

But either way, it should stay an add on, let the new people learn to build piece by piece so they can get used to things, then spam everything.
You say that like the duplicator is a bad thing. It isn't, provided the settings are not set to stupid-high levels. The settings could be capped, and other settings could be added.

Why does everyone think Ephialtes helped make Blockland?  He was a beta tester and made Rtb.
Well,RTB is a huge part of Blockland now,over 75% of Blockland,or possibly more,has RTB and ACTUALLY USES IT!

Well,RTB is a huge part of Blockland now,over 75% of Blockland,or possibly more,has RTB and ACTUALLY USES IT!
Put spaces and why is rtb multi colors...?