Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 211013 times)

You do anything team joining or changing lately? We've been having some issues with the boss battles. A client gets removed from OMA_BossList, but doesn't get added to the boss team, and anyone suiciding ends the round immediately.

Also another suggestion, very frequently when you die your camera moves away from your player instantly so you don't even see yourself die. There should be a few seconds where the camera locks to spectating your dead body.

when will this start man?

You do anything team joining or changing lately? We've been having some issues with the boss battles. A client gets removed from OMA_BossList, but doesn't get added to the boss team, and anyone suiciding ends the round immediately.
I don't think I did anything. Did you guys mod things? Also you have an old version I think.

Also another suggestion, very frequently when you die your camera moves away from your player instantly so you don't even see yourself die. There should be a few seconds where the camera locks to spectating your dead body.
The camera actually does stay there until they press fire or jump. When people are spamming those buttons they tend to move the camera on accident.

when will this start man?
Right now, man!

The camera actually does stay there until they press fire or jump. When people are spamming those buttons they tend to move the camera on accident.
Can you at least add a delay from when they die where they cannot detach the camera or start spectating other players?

Can you at least add a delay from when they die where they cannot detach the camera or start spectating other players?
But
Why?

But
Why?

I don't think I did anything. Did you guys mod things? Also you have an old version I think.
We haven't touched OMA in months. Was it updated? I think we've kept Slayer up to date ever since I gutted the edited chat function out and dumped it in another file. I guess when I get back to my dorm I can take a more thorough look at team joining to see what else might be causing it to fail.

But where the flying cat is the problem with the cam moving?

But where the flying cat is the problem with the cam moving?
He means like a quick one second delay - long enough for the fact that they're dead to register so they don't do any of that accidentally.

I went on my server to test a few things.
Then I went to heed's

That was the gui from my "test" server and It wouldn't go away.
On the gui it shows only me and on heed's there was like 18 people.
Yes I did leave and rejoin but the gui was still there.

I went on my server to test a few things.
Then I went to heed's
-snip-

That was the gui from my "test" server and It wouldn't go away.
On the gui it shows only me and on heed's there was like 18 people.
Yes I did leave and rejoin but the gui was still there.
This happens to me sometimes, I don't know what causes it but if I leave a server with slayer on it then join any other server it'll have the gui constantly there. I have to restart my BL for it to go away.

clientcmdslayer_forcegui(slayer_scores, 0); will remove the eorr

Is there any nice /balanceteams command that I don't know about?

I fixed the score problem. I'll release the fix as soon as I finish something.

Is there any nice /balanceteams command that I don't know about?
No, but you can turn Balance Teams on and Slayer will handle it automatically.

Slayer v3.4 allows Game Mode makers to use Slayer in place of the BL dedicated minigame.

To use Slayer in your game mode:
  • Create a Slayer minigame and set it up the way you want it for the game mode.
  • End the minigame.
  • Go to "config/server/Slayer" and find the file called "config_last.cs".
  • Rename the file to "config_slayer.cs" and place it in GameMode_YourGameMode.zip.
  • Add the line "ADDON Gamemode_Slayer" to your gameMode.txt file.
  • Make sure that "$Minigame::Enabled 1" is not in your gameMode.txt file.
this needs to be on the op