Slayer

Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 209125 times)

It's just a one time thing that you'll never see again. It doesn't even show up for new users, just for people that upgraded to v3.5. Anyway I like it :)

Oh, ok.

I think being able to dynamicly recolor the team spawns so you can add a map cycle is loving cool, but I wish you could set a color for it to use for deathmatch spawns too so you could add a mapcycle to deathmatches.

Like, selecting a color, then putting down player spawns, making them that color, so only ones of that color are used. so you can use events and add in a mapcycle to a DM, like you can with team slayer.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 04:22:16 PM by Megaguy2 »

I think being able to dynamicly recolor the team spawns so you can add a map cycle is loving cool, but I wish you could set a color for it to use for deathmatch spawns too so you could add a mapcycle to deathmatches.

Like, selecting a color, then putting down player spawns, making them that color, so only ones of that color are used. so you can use events and add in a mapcycle to a DM, like you can with team slayer.
I still do plan on adding a mapcycle mod. Eventually...

Thought I would just leave this here... https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/issue/90/ai-bots

You don't need to add a mapcycle, It can easily be made with events. All we seriously need is the ability to tell slayer to only use player spawns of one color for deathmatches. Mapcycles are ALREADY possible with team slayer.

You don't need to add a mapcycle, It can easily be made with events. All we seriously need is the ability to tell slayer to only use player spawns of one color for deathmatches. Mapcycles are ALREADY possible with team slayer.

Make a feature suggestion here please: https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/issues/new

Also, check out the new poll. Make sure you tell me why you want it and how you would use it!

I would set them up in a Tau Empire vs. Imperium TDM, the tau would be defending a small outpost against IG, and the IG bots would spawn from certain areas with increasingly more and more powerful weapons.

Yesssss! A.I. bots would be absolutely amazing!

Some options I would like to see:
• Bot types
   ○ Guard: Will not leave an area, will only attack if threatened. (Attacked first, or player comes too close)
   ○ Patrol: Same as guard, except it will follow a set path. Will only leave path to chase target; will return when target lost.
   ○ Hostile: Roams around looking for something to kill.
   ○ Passive: Roams around doing nothing, but will defend itself if threatened.
   ○ Harmless: Roams around doing nothing, will try to run away if attacked.
• Bot "Difficulty" settings.
   ○ Difficulty Presets; Cowardly, Easy, Normal, Hard, Relentless.
   ○ Custom Setting (adjustable sliders of accuracy, attack rate, view distance, view angle, chase time, and fleeing point)
• Easily adjust the bot's playertype, uniforms, and also speed, health, and size modifiers.
• Set which items a bot will use at close, medium, and far range from target.
• Bot Auto-fill Team (If a team is set to 8 max members, and the team has 5 players, the remaining 3 are filled with bots)
   ○ Can't be used if max is set to -1, and should have a limited number of bots in case of high team max.

Things I would use bots for:
• Prison guards
• Wild life hunting
• Zombies
• Player Vs Bot DM
• Castle defense against increasingly difficult bot attackers.
• Random Epic Dragon Fights

AI bots is something that always flickers past my mind when making add-ons. "I know a bot wouldn't use this now, but maybe someday..."

The main thing I worry about with Blockland AI bots would be the navigation. Between easily changing arrangements of bricks that you can walk over, jump on, crawl under, or even interact with via events (doors and ladders and such), and the variety of bots you could have, jets, high jump, fast enough to leap far, generating the nav map is out of the question. Would have to be done manually, and for some builds, they could get really complex. It would be loving awesome to have, but it will take a lot of work to do right.

I think AI bots would be very useful if you have a DM map you would like to test, but nobody seems to join your server. Also if you cant make uneven teams, you could just add a bot or two to make them even!

Haha, i was thinking about Slayer bots some time ago myself too!
It started when people started talking about the zombie gamemode for Slayer.

The bots could be navigation mapped by bricks you put down (like the payload gamemode for TDM) and someone was talking earlier by linking them together by having some kind of link wand or wahtever.
With this you could place down the general bot routes (some bot types will go off track to kill their enemies) and link them by wanding them.
However, this isn't really viable for saves if you would do exactly what i said.

So maybe the linking goes with events too, the wand creates (and triggers) the appropriate events.
All the nav. map bricks would automatically get a name when wand linked.

As for interactables on the map (doors etc.), i don't think you will have to think about that too much.
There are a lot of things that can help with that like zone events, touch events and the like.
That way you can let a door open if a bot is near it or touching it for example.

Bots can be used in soo many fun ways in Slayer Gamemodes.
I was thinking about this because i was thinking about a DOTA-style gamemode once.
You could do that too with bots and some events.

Or just regular TDM bots that even out teas or something.
Or just form a whole team themselves (zombie/survival style gamemodes).

Oh right, be sure to add an event to let them target(/attack) a specific target, like a brick, player or other bot and vehicle (if the server has vehicle events, otherwise the vehicle target doesn't exist as far as i know).

TL;DR
Yes, Slayer and lots of servers would benefit from Slayer Bots. :)

As for interactables on the map (doors etc.), i don't think you will have to think about that too much.
There are a lot of things that can help with that like zone events, touch events and the like.
That way you can let a door open if a bot is near it or touching it for example.
And what do you do when you get a door that you open remotely? Without some decent system for detours and handling complex obstructions, they wouldn't function well in many cases.

And what do you do when you get a door that you open remotely? Without some decent system for detours and handling complex obstructions, they wouldn't function well in many cases.
True.
I think that is where the events come in handy.
When opening doors and/or pathways you could remove the old links and set the new one through the opened pathway.
Something like that?
I am just suggesting something.
So improvements to my idea are very welcome. :P

I think AI bots would be awesome!  But it would be nice if they were flexible enough to be released as a separate add-on (they would be able to work with standard minigames) but also work well with Slayer minigames of course.

It would be great if they can do Pathfinding too