Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 209070 times)

is there anyway to make a capture point uncapturable after it gets capped once?

is there anyway to make a capture point uncapturable after it gets capped once?
You would do this event:
onCPCapture => Self => setControlLocked [ALL]

Thanks for all the ideas so far guys! I'm thinking about maybe doing the bots as a separate community project. I'll have more details when I get a little more time to think about it.

oh alright thanks! I used to turn collide off on TDM addon and it  confused me that u can still cap without collision.

but i guess this is better in most situations

Would it be better to prevent capturing when collision is off?

And keep posting those ideas for bot use!

I would personally use bots for all kinds of crap. One of these uses is spawning bots that stand still and lock onto nearby enemies. It'd also be cool if bot had coding for maze pathfinding for tower defense!

I would personally use bots for all kinds of crap. One of these uses is spawning bots that stand still and lock onto nearby enemies. It'd also be cool if bot had coding for maze pathfinding for tower defense!
That could be done by having nav. mapping similar like i said and some events.
To let a bot path find without any preset routes is pretty hard.
If you have some preset nodes (nav. map bricks) the bot can have a general idea of where he has to go.

It would be nice to have these bots to keep people in your TDM servers longer. I hate when I struggle to keep a TDM going because there are no actual people, or it's boring with only 1 or 2 people.

Well maybe you should do that, hmm not sure I'll tell you after I event everything and see how it works and ill check if theres anything missing.

That could be done by having nav. mapping similar like i said and some events.
To let a bot path find without any preset routes is pretty hard.
If you have some preset nodes (nav. map bricks) the bot can have a general idea of where he has to go.
Yeah. Maybe take a leaf out of valve's book if you're gonna look at ai pathing and nav mapping.

Alright, I'll try and start a community project for it when I get time.

Alright, I'll try and start a community project for it when I get time.
Could you please make that change I requested? It'd help sooo much.

Fantastic. Is the update out now?

Re:
Quote from: onProjectileHit request
The only thing I worry about is that I don't want to flood the event scrollbox with Slayer events. It might annoy people.
You could add options for toggling which types of events are created, much like you have options for how many of each.