Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 209117 times)

Yes, the Advanced tab of the Slayer GUI.

Here's an idea - A setting to use the highlighting on the F2 menu to indicate who has lives left.

Seems like the pipe wrench didn't work. Pipe wrench uses the brickgroup to check the minigame, something I left out with my dedicated minigame.

If the class of the object being checked (getMinigameFromObject) is a SimGroup, you can assume it's a brick group.

If the class of the object being checked (getMinigameFromObject) is a SimGroup, you can assume it's a brick group.
I already know this and it's already implemented.

Seems like the pipe wrench didn't work. Pipe wrench uses the brickgroup to check the minigame, something I left out with my dedicated minigame.
How does it not work?

Woops, forgot to say how.

When the owner of the minigame isn't there, you can't repair any vehicles.

Woops, forgot to say how.

When the owner of the minigame isn't there, you can't repair any vehicles.
I'll take a look, thanks.

I added a new poll, please vote.

I mentioned my thoughts on slayer with the gamemode system a while back - You could create a gamemode generator system with Slayer, where you plug in all the settings, pick a save, add-ons, and environment settings, and it builds a gamemode folder add-on that appears in the list. Selecting it would load Slayer, the base gamemode, then any other dependencies. Perhaps required add-ons could be detected automatically using the build and slayer settings. Any changes made through Slayer while this gamemode is running could be stored in that same file (unless the person has turned into a zip to release it or something, in which case it wouldn't save).

I mentioned my thoughts on slayer with the gamemode system a while back - You could create a gamemode generator system with Slayer, where you plug in all the settings, pick a save, add-ons, and environment settings, and it builds a gamemode folder add-on that appears in the list. Selecting it would load Slayer, the base gamemode, then any other dependencies. Perhaps required add-ons could be detected automatically using the build and slayer settings. Any changes made through Slayer while this gamemode is running could be stored in that same file (unless the person has turned into a zip to release it or something, in which case it wouldn't save).
Thats a very neat idea. /support

Is there any way to do a sort of A/D map like in TF2? A TDM map I'm working on right now would benefit significantly from this.

What's holding me back from using territory is the inability for a timer to run out and force a win for the defending team. Search and destroy isn't mug better because it's KOTH-based and cant run sequenced cap points which force a win on the final cap, but at least it times out to force a win for defenders.

Or I might just be ignorant and not know something like this is already released for slayer or is possible with the current tools. Could you please inform me on this?

Is there any way to do a sort of A/D map like in TF2? A TDM map I'm working on right now would benefit significantly from this.

What's holding me back from using territory is the inability for a timer to run out and force a win for the defending team. Search and destroy isn't mug better because it's KOTH-based and cant run sequenced cap points which force a win on the final cap, but at least it times out to force a win for defenders.

Or I might just be ignorant and not know something like this is already released for slayer or is possible with the current tools. Could you please inform me on this?
Click Team Advanced win on team up check it

Click Team Advanced win on team up check it
how do i set it so that every time red team caps a point it resets the timer?

When I try to create a slayer minigame on my dedicated server, home hosting, it says that I am not host so i can't edit the minigame. help.

What's holding me back from using territory is the inability for a timer to run out and force a win for the defending team.
Click the Advanced button on the team panel and enable "Win on Time Up".

Search and destroy isn't mug better because it's KOTH-based and cant run sequenced cap points which force a win on the final cap, but at least it times out to force a win for defenders.
You can do this by using the event, Brick => setControlLocked to prevent it from being captured until the right time. You can force a win by doing Minigame => Win [TriggerTeam]

how do i set it so that every time red team caps a point it resets the timer?
That's a good idea that I want to add.

When I try to create a slayer minigame on my dedicated server, home hosting, it says that I am not host so i can't edit the minigame. help.
Please duplicate the error and then post these files for me:
 - console.log
 - debug_server.log (found in "config/server/Slayer")
 - debug_client.log (found in "config/client/Slayer")

Thank you :D

I guess a stable timeer will work for now. Thanks for taking the suggestion.