Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 209152 times)

yes but slayer's announcements are at the end and beginning of games, where there is nothing else going on

abruptness and sudden sound-offs assist in the hyping-up of players (or hyping down. sometimes.)

plus, the '5 minutes' announcements are supposed to be intrusive. that's the point, to be informative and attention-grabbing

a little too much ham i think :V
i like the s4 announcer because she sounds quiet enough to be under the action without totally fading out
while the male announcer, JC, sounds ghetto as hell and makes himself totally noticed
Honestly I was thinking the same thing.

Edit: What if I used Bushi's for the "5 Minutes Remaining" things and then used a different voice for the countdown?

that seems likes a fair way to get the best of both

Just don't hardcode the sounds and all will be well. Make it easy to swap them out.

So how do I deactivate the minigame events with slayer?
you know, chatmsgall, bottomprintall, centerprintall

MinigameSO:: doesn't work
Slyr_MinigameSO:: doesn't work
Slayer_MinigameSO:: doesn't work
Minigame:: doesn't work

i mean i could look through your code but you could use your awesome memory and save me the trouble pretty please :(

i look through your code and was washed away by how much there was, greek. pretty please tell me the functions I need to overwrite?

You would overwrite the Slayer_MinigameSO:: functions.

But if you want to wait a little while, the next version of Slayer allows you to disable events just by setting a variable. Like $Slayer::Server::RestrictedEvent__["Minigame","ChatMsgAll"] = 1;

[19:28:31] Rusty: somebody should make a knockout style tdm gamemode
[19:28:35] Rusty: which can be like 1v1 knockout championship
[19:28:43] Rusty: or it could be teams of any number
[19:28:53] Rusty: and if you win you go through to the next round
[19:28:59] Rusty: if you lose you spectate

Greek pls.

[19:28:31] Rusty: somebody should make a knockout style tdm gamemode
[19:28:35] Rusty: which can be like 1v1 knockout championship
[19:28:43] Rusty: or it could be teams of any number
[19:28:53] Rusty: and if you win you go through to the next round
[19:28:59] Rusty: if you lose you spectate

Greek pls.
Can't you event that? I've been on a server that did exactly that with events.

Kalphiter, I'm unable to duplicate your bug.
Ticket closed for now: https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/issue/98/add-on-pipe-wrench-does-not-work-when

Edit:

For all the advanced users out there,
Added [Minigame => Slayer_setPref] event. This is an "advanced event" which means that normal users will never even know it exists... Create a blank text file in "config/server/Slayer" called ".advancedEvents.txt" to use it.
https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/changeset/f9a83733b6c8ffc8a8f01c1aa5b3ea2dfccab1e8
This will be in the next version.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 10:41:42 PM by Greek2me »

For all the advanced users out there,
https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/changeset/f9a83733b6c8ffc8a8f01c1aa5b3ea2dfccab1e8
This will be in the next version.
Doesn't sound like that differentiates between "advanced" and "normal" users so much as "actively followed the development of Slayer" and "didn't."

Doesn't sound like that differentiates between "advanced" and "normal" users so much as "actively followed the development of Slayer" and "didn't."

Pretty much. It's not something that I want people to be using without knowing anything about it.

Could you add a festure (if not already existing) so that nobody who enters the mini spawns until it's reset?

Could you add a festure (if not already existing) so that nobody who enters the mini spawns until it's reset?
Isn't that already there? I think it's called late join or something.

It's already there. It's in the Advanced tab, [Minigame | Late Join Time].

It's already there. It's in the Advanced tab, [Minigame | Late Join Time].
Doesn't seem to be working for me, I have it set to -1 and players spawn in the minigame anyway...

Also, is there a variable for the number of players left alive on a certain team?

-1 is dealt with as "infinity" in torquescript. Try changing the pref to 0.