Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 209057 times)

-1 is dealt with as "infinity" in torquescript. Try changing the pref to 0.

It's already there. It's in the Advanced tab, [Minigame | Late Join Time].
If there is only one person /noone in the minigame and someone joins, he spawns.
Could that be fixed?

having this freaking annoying bug which I, for some reason, cannot work around using onCPReset differently.

basically onCPReset is malfunctioning. I have five named bricks A through E (simplified example of my issue).

On each CP I tell it onCPReset to either setCPLocked>All>unchecked, or All>checked. A and B are unchecked, and C-E are checked.
In addition, on capture of B, A is locked and C is unlocked, or vice versa (depending on the team). This forces the game to be "linear" and prevents players from capturing CP's out of order. These events work fine.

However, on a minigame reset, these CP's retain their last known state from the previous game, but reset back to their original team colors. Only on a double reset do these CP's fully reset.

Attempt to use a workaround by using an onPlayerTouch brick failed as onCPReset fails to recollision the brick, even if the event is applied to a valid CP.

If it helps any, I have around 40 CP's due to mismanagement; would that impact this at all?

And, as a suggestion, add an onMinigameReset for simplification in the future, if you can.

Also, is there a variable for the number of players left alive on a certain team?
If you want to find the number of people that still have lives left, %team.getLiving();
For the number of people that are currently spawned, %team.getSpawned();

If there is only one person /noone in the minigame and someone joins, he spawns.
Could that be fixed?
Umm that doesn't sound like something that needs fixing.

having this freaking annoying bug which I, for some reason, cannot work around using onCPReset differently.

And, as a suggestion, add an onMinigameReset for simplification in the future, if you can.
Thanks, I'll look into the onCPReset event.

And just use the onMinigameReset event included with Minigame Events. They work with Slayer now :)

Strange- my minigame events always worked with slayer.

To my dismay, I found out yesterday that my year old territory save no longer has any capture points. Why did that happen?
And Greek, are you or anyone else interested in working on Rush or something similar?

Umm that doesn't sound like something that needs fixing.
For my escape the lava gamemode, it does :c

minigame events doesn't work for me

they don't save to a brick.

i'll just see if I can get the onCPReset hacky method to work

EDIT: I guess not; thanks for the fix Greek!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:31:43 PM by Conan »

Sorry for double post but this one is unrelated to the other problem I was having

As a suggestion, you could add an option to the minigame Win conditions that the team with the most CP's wins, and if they are tied the team with the more points wins?

If you want to find the number of people that still have lives left, %team.getLiving();
For the number of people that are currently spawned, %team.getSpawned();
My apologies, I meant a VCE Variable Replacer.

Strange- my minigame events always worked with slayer.

To my dismay, I found out yesterday that my year old territory save no longer has any capture points. Why did that happen?
And Greek, are you or anyone else interested in working on Rush or something similar?
Yeah, they've been fixed for a while.

I believe the capture point datablock names were changed some time ago, so any saves made prior to that would have problems.

minigame events doesn't work for me

they don't save to a brick.
I'm confused.
As a suggestion, you could add an option to the minigame Win conditions that the team with the most CP's wins, and if they are tied the team with the more points wins?
Sure, post about it here though so that I don't forget about it: https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/issues/new

My apologies, I meant a VCE Variable Replacer.
Check the Help tab of the Slayer GUI, but I'm pretty sure there isn't.

I'm confused.
You're not the maker so I dunno if I should go to you for help

but, basically, after setting up events in the events menu and clicking "apply," then wrenching the brick again to check the events, they aren't there. they dont "save" to the brick.

You're not the maker so I dunno if I should go to you for help

but, basically, after setting up events in the events menu and clicking "apply," then wrenching the brick again to check the events, they aren't there. they dont "save" to the brick.
Yeah, you might have an event restriction mod or something. If not, go to the maker.

Is it possible you could make a "flag" version of territory like conquest where you just have to be in a certain range (modifiable) in order to help capture it? Capturing would still work just like a territory plate. Also, the flag would change color based on who captured it.

I saw this requested on the first page and I agree. Add classes! For instance:

Teams

Red
Blu

[-] [Uniform]                 [Gun]
     [   Full    ]                [Rocket L]
                                    [Disguise kit]

• Classes?              [Soldier]  [Weps]

[ Spy]       [Weps]
                                 [Sniper]   [Weps]

And then when a player spawns with classes enabled for their team a menu will show:

[Select Class          ]
[Soldier                  ]
[Heavy                   ]
[Scout                    ]
[Spy                       ]
[Pyro                      ]
[Sniper                   ]
[Medic                    ]
[Engineer               ]
[Demoman             ]

PS: Whenever I set the team uniform to NONE and exit the game crashes, what the buck?

Answered in the other topic.

Is it possible you could make a "flag" version of territory like conquest where you just have to be in a certain range (modifiable) in order to help capture it? Capturing would still work just like a territory plate. Also, the flag would change color based on who captured it.

So basically a bigger capture zone around the CP? You can do the flag thing with events.