Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 209098 times)

Yes.

Did the latest version of CTF fix the problem?
Not really, it still disappears permanently.

EDIT: Okay so basically I just realized something. I tested it out with some friends, and after Rotary picked up his flag after killing me on Manual Recovery, sort of like, both flags combined. After that, Sitrus killed Rotary and picked up the red flag, and yet, it said he picked up the blue flag.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:28:14 PM by Zay »

This ironically sounds like a perfect excuse to leave it the way it is for now. If you're concerned with it matching the base game, then you'll want to wait until Badspot changes them all before you do the same.
Oh, I never noticed that yet it was quite obvious...

When Badspot updates the base files of the gui, it will be the new look for all guis...I just hope it doesnt break any...

Zay, can you give me a console log for that? I can't duplicate it.

I'm working on fixing the team shuffle feature. I think I'll make it so that you can pick between two modes: the current one and one that completely mixes up the teams.

Although only an aesthetic issue, a flag particle option would be nice to have.  Not only does it look cool, it also draws attention to the flag bearer which is a key component in some CTF games.  The briefcase in particular needs it; TDM's briefcase looks ten times better just because it has cool trail effects.

I only started using Slayer yesterday but it's working pretty well.  The only thing that hasn't been obediently listening to me is the flag type option.  I usually specify to use the briefcase but sometimes I'll restart and it will just give me the default flag (and once the skull).

so i want to make a minigame in which there are two teams: alien +zombies and the humans. alien team starts with one really strong alien player with a zombification gun and a bunch of zombie bots. humans are just the average tdm team, but get turned into zombies once killed by the alien (but not by zombies). rounds end once there are no humans left or the alien is killed. (infinite lives except for alien.)

examples (ignore if you understood above paragraph):
human gets killed by zombie bot or zombie player. human just respawns as a human.
human gets killed by alien. human turns into a zombie.
alien gets killed by humans. round ends.

i dont know anything at all about slayer or scripting.. whats the best way to go about this?

is it possible to modify the alien's health based on the number of players in the minigame and have it change each round dependant on player count?

In the infection gamemode, is there a tool you can use to infect someone instead of killing them?

That basically sounds like the Infection gamemode.

In the infection gamemode, is there a tool you can use to infect someone instead of killing them?
No, but you can simply use events to switch them to the Infected team.

is there a way with infection game mode to let only the original infected infect?

Version 3.7.4

Download Now

Quote from: Change Log (v3.7.4)
  • Added new default team shuffle method. (changeable in Advanced tab)
  • Brick resetting is now chunked.
  • Fixed crash related to input events.
  • Fixed onMinigameReset event on public bricks.
  • Fixed HTTPS in chat messages.
  • Added _Teams_onTeamMemberSwap gamemode callback.

This release doesn't add very much, but there's some important bug fixes.

Team Shuffle
The default team-shuffle mode is now more TDM-style; players might end up on the same team once in a while, but there will be a different mix of people on each team. You can change to the old method using the Advanced tab (each player joins a different team each round. This results in the same teams if there are only two).

Oh, I never noticed that yet it was quite obvious...

When Badspot updates the base files of the gui, it will be the new look for all guis...I just hope it doesnt break any...
Wait, Badspot is changing the UI or is this just theoretically?

Something more important than my last post is the fact Slayer breaks mid-air kill notifications (probably one of the coolest little function default Blockland has, not to mention it feels great when you get one).  According to my expert programming sources (thanks Chrono), you rewrote the death function and removed them in the process.

I don't know how hard or easy it is to fix, but they should definitely be present.

Something more important than my last post is the fact Slayer breaks mid-air kill notifications (probably one of the coolest little function default Blockland has, not to mention it feels great when you get one).  According to my expert programming sources (thanks Chrono), you rewrote the death function and removed them in the process.

I don't know how hard or easy it is to fix, but they should definitely be present.
I didn't realize that. Thanks.

any chance you can add in a variable for the number of players alive in a minigame and/or the number of players in the minigame?

any chance you can add in a variable for the number of players alive in a minigame and/or the number of players in the minigame?
Added. It will be in the next update.
<var:mg:numLiving>
<var:mg:numSpawned>
<var:mg:numMembers>

If you want to add them yourself, put this in console:
Code: [Select]
registerSpecialVar(MinigameSO,"numLiving","%this.getLiving()");registerSpecialVar(MinigameSO,"numMembers","%this.numMembers");

is there a way of setting lives for only one team instead of all of them?