Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 209043 times)

so

manually-made, customizable, (updated) team-based sentries.

all we need is a playertype shaped like a sentry and then give it a weapon and some modifiers to the visual range and FOV...
...couldn't we just edit Bushido's?

Bushido constructed his turrets in a weird way. I've tried lookin at the code for it and it's crazy. The models are also done strangely because I think they're actually two bots put ontop of eachother.

Bushido constructed his turrets in a weird way. I've tried lookin at the code for it and it's crazy. The models are also done strangely because I think they're actually two bots put ontop of eachother.
Indeed, they are 2 bots on top of eachother.

they are; if you mess around with obj #'s and mount points you can put turret heads on your head and have them automatically shoot nearby players (although their aim gets screwed up if you move around too fast/a lot)

i wouldn't advise stealing models though because i think someone could do a better/more appropriate job by having the playertype have its weapon-equip hand equip weapons right above a turret base, thereby showing the weapon the bot is using as well as making it fit visually as a turret.

i wouldn't advise stealing models though because i think someone could do a better/more appropriate job by having the playertype have its weapon-equip hand equip weapons right above a turret base, thereby showing the weapon the bot is using as well as making it fit visually as a turret.
That'd probably work really well, yeah.

Cool, will they be like, actually part of the minigame? Like on the scoreboard and stuff?

A bot demonstration server is now online!

Everyone decided to go in Spectators to see what the bots can do, they were both stupid and hilarious at the same time. Plus you can spectate the bots!

If possible, you should make it so they have names over their heads when we name them, and maybe have kill messages when they kill each other, and when you kill them.
Oh, and have their name on the ending scoreboard.

Again, if it's possible.

If possible, you should make it so they have names over their heads when we name them, and maybe have kill messages when they kill each other, and when you kill them.
Oh, and have their name on the ending scoreboard.

Again, if it's possible.
Agreed

If possible, you should make it so they have names over their heads when we name them
Surprisingly, this isn't possible. At least not in any elegant sense. Badspot blocked the command because douchebags abused it and idiots misused it. Greek could maybe try to convince Badspot to reduce the restriction a bit (e.g. Can only change names right after spawning; any name other than what is assigned by the game gets enclosed in brackets as an indicator of an unofficial name), but I doubt he'd do it.

I kinda figured that part wouldn't work.
Eh, I kinda wanted the other two more anyways.

Surprisingly, this isn't possible. At least not in any elegant sense. Badspot blocked the command because douchebags abused it and idiots misused it. Greek could maybe try to convince Badspot to reduce the restriction a bit (e.g. Can only change names right after spawning; any name other than what is assigned by the game gets enclosed in brackets as an indicator of an unofficial name), but I doubt he'd do it.
could you cite an example of such douchebaggery that made him do it

was it people impersonating badspot/kompressor/other people

Yes

Yeah that was the main one. Same reason he locked down the player list. Another reason was that he was sick of idiots who design RPGs and such bloating up the name with job titles and stuff.

How about you all get a clue and try actually designing something that people might actually want to see in a game.

What was the last real game you played where people had "[TEAM BLUE] [POLICE OFFICER] [LEVEL 3] XxSonicTailsxX" floating over their head?  There is no need to ever have this.

Identify teams by color.  Either color the name or color their torso and sleeves.

Identify jobs by appearance.  If they're a police officer, use the police uniform.  Criminal? Striped prison shirt.  Not enough options for you?  Use a mounted image with your own model.

The name display is for the player name.  That's it.