Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 209133 times)

No, but it was my first GUI so I pretty much copied the normal minigame GUI.

The help menu is missing different setting from advanced. I was confused with the "Late Join Time". If it is -1 can they join late or if it's >0 then they join into the minigame?

The help menu is missing different setting from advanced. I was confused with the "Late Join Time". If it is -1 can they join late or if it's >0 then they join into the minigame?
I think -1 makes it so that they can join the minigame anytime, with no late join time thing.
I also think 0+ means that they need to join the minigame in, for example, 1 second after it started.

I think -1 makes it so that they can join the minigame anytime, with no late join time thing.
I also think 0+ means that they need to join the minigame in, for example, 1 second after it started.

-1 means that they can join the minigame whenever.
0 means that they must join before the round starts (0 minutes)
1+ means that they must join before 1(+) minute has elapsed.

Small question about the team outfit customisation; is it possible for the player to be able to only change their face and hands to their liking, but retain everything else including a hat?

Also, is it possible to allow late joining, but spawn the late joiners somewhere else?

Bot team-filling is going well so far! Basically, you set a minimum number of players that you would like to have on each team, and if there aren't enough actual players then bots will be added to the game.

Expect a beta version to come out in the near future.

Bot team-filling is going well so far! Basically, you set a minimum number of players that you would like to have on each team, and if there aren't enough actual players then bots will be added to the game.

Expect a beta version to come out in the near future.
Wonderful! If you set a team's weight to 0, can you make a bot-only team?

Wonderful! If you set a team's weight to 0, can you make a bot-only team?
I never thought of that but yes you could.

Is it just me or are the capture points broken?

Is it just me or are the capture points broken?

I was playing on a server using them yesterday, so probably just you. How are they broken? You'll need to describe the problem.

I was playing on a server using them yesterday, so probably just you. How are they broken? You'll need to describe the problem.
I plant the capture point brick, make/join my mini, hop on the capture point, nothing happens.

Make sure that you are in a team. Post your console log.

oh man i'm so ready for all-bot teams

you should add an event that allows you to add even more bots (or remove them in certain cases) to a team, for things like survival gamemodes

Yeah, bots are pretty fun to fight. Most of my development time has been spent doing that...

Bots are still stupid, though. They use the default bot AI, meaning that unless you use events to order them somewhere, they'll just waddle around looking aimless.

What would you prefer that bots do?
 - Always find enemy players?
 - Go for objectives like flags and CPs?
Or would you prefer that I leave them to you to event?

Should I include a pathfinding system for bots? (perhaps Port's A* system)

There's so many questions and so many different ways I can take this.

Just add a dropdown for their behavior. If this would be too difficult to code, go with objectives.