Slayer

Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 209123 times)

That documentation is fairly dated as far as method lists and stuff. The APIs should all be the same, though.

I'd love to see team leaders, not like the gamemode HellsHero made for Slayer, where the game is based around the leaders. Rather, teams have an optional leader that are really just there, much like in SpaceGuy's TDM

leaders need ability to mute at the same time have an integrated /votekickleader system so team members aren't abused

Or an entire ranking system.

Leader
Officer
Regular

Maybe an RTB pref that allows users to create ranks and promote people.

Leader
1st Officer
2nd Officer
3rd Officer
1st Regular
2nd Regular

Customizable names?

I've found that trying to make separate teams for this is annoying.

What happend to the map switch thing that you where working on?

Do Minigame Events work with Slayer, or do they come with Slayer?

You can actually make leaders by making another team with the same color, setting the max players on that team 1, and ally same colors.

What happend to the map switch thing that you where working on?
it works? its usable afaik

Can I add notification popup for your mod slayer or not?

I can't change the flag type to anything else, it just stays as the standard flag.

Can I add notification popup for your mod slayer or not?
What do you mean?

I can't change the flag type to anything else, it just stays as the standard flag.
You need to restart the server to change the flag. If it is a dedicated server, make sure that you shut it down properly by typing quit(); in console.

Or an entire ranking system.

Leader
Officer
Regular

Maybe an RTB pref that allows users to create ranks and promote people.

Leader
1st Officer
2nd Officer
3rd Officer
1st Regular
2nd Regular

Customizable names?

I've found that trying to make separate teams for this is annoying.
This is a great idea and I actually needed this a while back

Hi,
I tried private messaging You, though You didn't answer, so i hope You'll answer at least there :D

Thanks for making such amazing Add-On Slayer is! I am messaging You, because i noticed that Slayer overrides Team Chat and there's no way in the options to disable it - So, if You're for example using Enhanced Roleplay Chat that also changes Team Chat, and Slayer at once, Slayer will always control Team Chat, disallowing Enhanced Roleplay Chat to do it.

I've easily made a fix - A new Edit menu option in Advanced tab named "Slayer Custom Team Chat", that if You set to false, disables Slayer Team Chat, and when it's true, Slayer Team Chat is used. Although, with unofficial fixes there are two important problems - Every update You have to fix once again, and second one, someone else may want the fix too - Who Cares99 (BLID 6955) is excellent example of person that would have both problems, because He wants to have Slayer up-to-date, meanwhile He uses Enhanced Roleplay Chat to make radio for He's Airports RP.

For that reason, i'm messaging You, could You insert this fix in official Slayer build? I'm sure there are many more people having the same problem.
The fix changes two files - Dependencies\Minigames.cs and Dependencies\Teams.cs .

Because of message length limit, i can't insert whole code of these files in message, but there's zip file with them inserted:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j35qjtulp3lck0f/Slayerfix.zip

Added/Changed lines of code:
Dependencies\Minigames.cs, Line 18
Code: [Select]
Slayer.Prefs.addPref("Chat","Slayer Custom Team Chat","%mini.chat_slayerteamchat","bool",1,0,1,3,"Advanced");Dependencies\Teams.cs, Line 1804
Code: [Select]
if(!isSlayerMinigame(%mini) || !%mini.chat_slayerteamchat)
Thanks!

@EDIT: Nevermind, Greek2me answered me in Private Message :)
@Down: It's simple, i'm having a respect to such a good coder :) And if it's some grammar mistake or so, then i'm sorry, i'm from Poland and hasn't yet mastered English.

Regards,
Kikanek
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:15:44 PM by Kikanek »

why are you capitalizing the Y in 'you'

greek isn't god or anything, he just makes quality add-ons that dont seem to break every few months