Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 208925 times)

it's sunday and i haven't left this thread yet
WITH GREAT PATIENCE
Sorry :( It's been a rough couple days, I haven't gotten anything done this weekend.

Could you have the team oriented events work differently? I can't have a team a custom color since the events are only for colors 1 - 9.
Possibly. Does anyone have suggestions for how events should work?
Also, you can increase the number of colors in the advanced tab so that you can use more colors. It requires a server restart though.

It releases the update for slayer

I have an issue about a very annoying problem.
Every time a super admin leaves my server and with it the minigame, the minigame resets.
Is this fixed in the new version?
It sounds like something's interfering. Can you give me a console log and more details?
Everytime an Admin/Super Admin leaves the minigame, it autorestarts.
My server is dedicated by the way, I haven't tested this on a noob server.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 04:40:25 PM by Kiwi »

Greek, would a total ammount of lives per team be something that could happen?
If so, conquest would be easy as pie to event.

Try disabling Tool_RespawnWand.

Greek, would a total ammount of lives per team be something that could happen?
If so, conquest would be easy as pie to event.
So every time a player dies, the team loses a life, and when the team is out of lives none of them can respawn?

So every time a player dies, the team loses a life, and when the team is out of lives none of them can respawn?
Yes, does it seem like it could happen?

Would need protection from Self Delete spam.

Haven't actually tested v3 yet, but I noticed in v2, using getMinigameFromObject on a brick or brick group wouldn't return the Slayer minigame if the host/owner of the brick wasn't there. This caused us a few problems, especially with events.

I imagine with multiple minigames, this becomes more complicated, because you'd want to account for collaboration, and with more than one minigame at any given time, it would be tough to pick out which one to assign it to if the owner isn't the owner of the minigame he's working on, nor is he present on the server.

Edit: Well forget, fixing this still didn't fix that goddamn onBotTouch function.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 08:14:49 PM by -Jetz- »

Try disabling Tool_RespawnWand.
I ran a blockland server with the standard add-ons and slayer activated.
Same occurence here again.
Any Admin/Superadmin restarts the minigame upon leaving the server.

I can't seem to leave the minigame. And any admin can have an infinite number of lives by pressing F7 when they run out.

I can't seem to leave the minigame. And any admin can have an infinite number of lives by pressing F7 when they run out.
Disabling Tool_RespawnWand should fix the leaving issue. And simply increasing the Edit Rights to Super Admin should prevent them from doing this.

I ran a blockland server with the standard add-ons and slayer activated.
Same occurence here again.
Any Admin/Superadmin restarts the minigame upon leaving the server.
Go to "config/server" and delete the entire folder called Slayer.

Haven't actually tested v3 yet, but I noticed in v2, using getMinigameFromObject on a brick or brick group wouldn't return the Slayer minigame if the host/owner of the brick wasn't there. This caused us a few problems, especially with events.

I imagine with multiple minigames, this becomes more complicated, because you'd want to account for collaboration, and with more than one minigame at any given time, it would be tough to pick out which one to assign it to if the owner isn't the owner of the minigame he's working on, nor is he present on the server.

Edit: Well forget, fixing this still didn't fix that goddamn onBotTouch function.
Does this happen in the beta?

Something that could be interesting: Player scale option for teams.

Does this happen in the beta?
I don't know :(
My only real experience with Slayer is on the Boss Battles server, and we haven't installed it there for obvious reasons.