9 (2.9%)
Morrowind
37 (12%)
Oblivion
69 (22.3%)
Skyrim
188 (60.8%)

Total Members Voted: 309

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Megathread  (Read 566096 times)

is it good though? i love the aesthetics so far
oh, yeah
it looks pretty cool
apocrypha is cool too, when you go there

oh, and what are some major things about your characters?
like, stats and money and stuff
all of my skills are 100, I have 260,476 septims, I can carry 744 pounds (with the pickpocket perk, stamina, and a few enchantments), my primary weapon (a daedric hammer) has a soul trap enchanment and does 203 damage (I think that it's raised about 30 points by an enchantment) my secondary weapon (a daedric dagger) has a shock enchanment (but I don't keep it charged) and does 44 damage (and I have the related sneaking perks, as well as shrouded gloves), my bow (a daedric bow that I also don't keep charged) does 114 damage, I have a complete set of daedric armor that gives me a total of 811 armor (and weighs nothing when I wear it <3), and I also have a bunch of useless potions, foods, and ingredients that I literally never use, and I just stuff in chests somewhere when I start to get close to my weight limit
also, I've completed every main quest, the three major factions' questlines (companions, brotherhood, and thieves' guild), and as of recently, the main questline for both DB and DG, as well as a several sidequests in both DLC and the base game
and my character is an argonian, just like my first character in oblivion was, and will be when I play the previous games, and the next
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:34:04 PM by Night Fox »

how'd you get your armor rating so high?

Well any armor rating above 567 or something is useless and just make a full set of daedric armor put like 3 points in the first perk in heavy armor and you pretty much hit the armor cap

how'd you get your armor rating so high?
smithing, plus some perks
Well any armor rating above 567 or something is useless and just make a full set of daedric armor put like 3 points in the first perk in heavy armor and you pretty much hit the armor cap
yeah, but besides wearing it, improving armor and weapons before selling them gives you like a huge profit, pretty much always
usually the sum of the prices of the weapon itself and the material(s) used to improve it will be much less than the price of the improved weapon
especially once you get to higher levels, because ebony ingots alone aren't worth a lot, but when you use it to improve a daedric item, it should add like at least 100 septims to the price, even if you have a pretty low smithing skill
the problem is finding someone who can buy it
I'm pretty sure my hammer is worth 10,000 septims, lol
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:34:28 PM by Night Fox »

Reinstalling Oblivion for old time's sake.

Annnnd it wont run for some stupid reason.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:18:56 PM by .Atlas »

It would be awesome if there was somehow a giant Ancient Nord tomb, like bigger than Labyrinthian and Skuldafn.

oh, and what are some major things about your characters?
like, stats and money and stuff
all of my skills are 100, I have 260,476 septims, I can carry 744 pounds (with the pickpocket perk, stamina, and a few enchantments), my primary weapon (a daedric hammer) has a soul trap enchanment and does 203 damage (I think that it's raised about 30 points by an enchantment) my secondary weapon (a daedric dagger) has a shock enchanment (but I don't keep it charged) and does 44 damage (and I have the related sneaking perks, as well as shrouded gloves), my bow (a daedric bow that I also don't keep charged) does 114 damage, I have a complete set of daedric armor that gives me a total of 811 armor (and weighs nothing when I wear it <3), and I also have a bunch of useless potions, foods, and ingredients that I literally never use, and I just stuff in chests somewhere when I start to get close to my weight limit
also, I've completed every main quest, the three major factions' questlines (companions, brotherhood, and thieves' guild), and as of recently, the main questline for both DB and DG, as well as a several sidequests in both DLC and the base game
and my character is an argonian, just like my first character in oblivion was, and will be when I play the previous games, and the next
how do you play one character for that long without getting bored?

I wonder what masturbating while using a healing spell on yourself feels like
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:57:38 PM by MrMcCakey »

It would be awesome if there was somehow a giant Ancient Nord tomb, like bigger than Labyrinthian and Skuldafn.
What would be even better would be presets. For example, presets of different clothing, weapons and favourites for your adventurer. When you're near a city, instead of going to your inventory and putting on all of your fine clothes, you could just hit 3 and all of those weapons would disappear in your inventory and you would get your fine clothes on with enchantations for +15 speechcraft and what not. When near a cave, your fine clothes will be put back to your inventory and it will put you in your fighting gear with a press of a button. Each preset would have their own favourites (e.g. a wizard having all the spells he can cast in his favourites or fighter having all the shouts there) that you could edit. Is there a mod out for this yet?

Anyone know how to make a basic mod in skyrim?

I tried to play Morrowind but it was just so much less optimized than Oblivion I couldn't stand it, should I try using Morrowind Overhaul or something to make it more...tolerable?

I really need to stop playing games out of order

the op really skims over a lot of lore

it doesn't even mention the aedra or anything besides the modern 4th and late 3rd eras

also julianos is a kickass god and i'm def a worshiper of him now
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 05:42:58 PM by SiliconCactus »

I installed Arena and I think I installed Daggerfall too but that one is more difficult to get working but I know, soon, I will succeed
anyway, Arena is confusing
I've never played a game like it before in my life
but I guess I'll learn
how do you play one character for that long without getting bored?
there's a lotta stuff to do
gotta do it all, man
all of it

it actually is mostly about achievements
I've gotten all of the base achievements, and many of the DLC ones too
once I get them all, I'll probably start a new character

I'm pretty sure my hammer is worth 10,000 septims, lol
your hammer is godly and mine is stuff

mine is worth 10k so yours is at least 15k lol

Any brothers into the ESO that are on the COOL alliance (aka Daggerfall) should join me and my friend's guild.
http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/wrothgarian-rangers/
Right now it's the private guild with the highest members, so if you are cool and want to join feel free, the memberships are going to be becoming more exclusive soon.
This again.