9 (2.9%)
Morrowind
37 (12%)
Oblivion
69 (22.3%)
Skyrim
188 (60.8%)

Total Members Voted: 309

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Megathread  (Read 537781 times)

it isn't promising at all

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=220026.0

I love ALL of this information.

It's going to be an awesome game!  nay-Sayer.

How to max out School of Alteration in 10 minutes.
Find Meridia's Beacon, appears in a random chest after level 12.
When you open the door or the door opens itself to the rubbled out area, jump into the direction of the beam with oakflesh on, to conserve magicka.
You'll hit the max in a couple of minutes.

When you open the door or the door opens itself to the rubbled out area, jump into the direction of the beam with oakflesh on, to conserve magicka.

Oh holy hell that is useful. What if i've done the quest already?

if we're talking about grinding, i found out that muffle levels illusion(i think, i forget what it is lol) very quickly. i googled it and its well known, but i didn't know about it so sharing w/ you guys incase someone didnt lol
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:50:44 PM by CopBlock »

Oh holy hell that is useful. What if i've done the quest already?

The rays of light should still be up, just walk in and stand in it.

I think, don't quote me on that.

The rays of light should still be up, just walk in and stand in it.

I think, don't quote me on that.
They are still up.
Just go check em out.
After that, unlock the entire tree, get ebonyflesh from the college at winterhold and you'll be set.

So i like the stealthy aspect to the game. I like bows too. But I want to know what to build to get the best out of stealth combat and bows.

Also any mods that would improve these aspects of the game?

so i grinded illusion all the way up to unlock the perk that supposedly muffles all your spells from other magic schools, but bandits always detect me when i throw the fire charm at them

"Bits and bobbles for sale!"

"The finest cuts, fresh from the wilds!"

"... there's always the same stuff at the market."

"Bits and bobbles for sale!"

"The finest cuts, fresh from the wilds!"

"... there's always the same stuff at the market."
"Everythin's for sale!"

so i grinded illusion all the way up to unlock the perk that supposedly muffles all your spells from other magic schools, but bandits always detect me when i throw the fire charm at them

If you hurt them of course they will find you.

The silent casting only effects, directly casting it, sounds made by spell impacts still make noise.

I mean a "fire charm" sounds like it would hurt them, so ya of course they will become aware.

It doesn't make them ignore pain :o

If that is not what is going on the whoops

"Everythin's for sale!"
"Got some ripe ass and fresh pusillanimous individual for sale?"

I've always found the beacon in the same place near the same amount of Forsworn lunatics. Are you sure it appears in a random chest?

I've always found the beacon in the same place near the same amount of Forsworn lunatics. Are you sure it appears in a random chest?
I found it in a cave while hunting for another god's champion. Its the one who has the ebony mail thingimawutt.

Meridia's Beacon can spawn pretty much in any 'dungeon' chest. Apparently it spawned in a spider egg for someone once.