9 (2.9%)
Morrowind
37 (12%)
Oblivion
69 (22.3%)
Skyrim
188 (60.8%)

Total Members Voted: 309

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Megathread  (Read 566144 times)

you must have like, twenty items total
I actually cheated my carry capacity so I was usually hauling at least a tonne of stuff. So around 100-200 items.

[SPOILER ALERT: THIEVES GUILD QUESTLINE HEAVY SPOILERS!]
Am i the only one who when faced against Mercerer Frey in the final battle against him didn't even get a scratch? He was really easy for me since all i had to do was use unreleting force to shove him off the snow elf and break his spine and boom- One more villain less in the world.

euageadv
I guess that should be "another villain less in the world".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JweTAhyR4o0&t=14m22s
I liked that video and I have to say I agreed on all points. It's a shame most RPGs are like this nowadays. They're good but they could be so much better.

I liked that video and I have to say I agreed on all points. It's a shame most RPGs are like this nowadays. They're good but they could be so much better.
If Skyrim was a bit like Morrowind, shouting wouldn't be one of the "selling points" and essential parts of the main story, but a secret like vampirism in Morrowind.

This doesn't make any sense to me.
What orders do you follow? You can go around doing anything you want and you don't have to follow any sort of regimen, as soon as you are out of helgen you are free to run amuck forever without any regard to the quests, if that's what you want.
Your combat, skills, adventures are all up to you.
And of course you aren't going to have fun if you use cheats, especially on your first play through.

I don't like how dull the quests are, its just 'do this, do that', I can choose to pursue a quest if I want but I get no enjoyment out of not having at least a say in how I do it, a different ending , a different path within the quest or just some better NPC dialogue.

you know, you don't have to do the main quests? you can do whatever you want. after you finish Unbound you can walk west all the way to markarth and do the quest to become their thane if that's what you want to do

and did you really compare a fallout game to a TES game? they're both RPGs, but that's pretty much the end of their similarities

Like I say above; the quests are just dull to me, I can choose any quest I want but I don't get any immersion in the quest if it doesn't even try.

And I compare only certain aspects of fallout games to the TES series; the RPG ellements that make the game world really feel like its alive.

The average casual gamer will not notice this, and will play through the whole game doing everything you can possibly do without noticing the same problems I noticed within 2 days of playing it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 05:44:37 PM by Conservative »

I actually cheated my carry capacity so I was usually hauling at least a tonne of stuff. So around 100-200 items.
you must be really patient

you know, i do see skyrim's faults, and i do wish it was a bit more structured and maybe a lot less casual, but even so there's something profound when you find out your favorite blacksmith was killed by a dragon or something, IE when Alvor was killed in my game. I remembered how he taught me how to make a dagger and let me use his smith, and was so nice and hospitable, and then he's just dead and never respawns. definitely not intense as the game could have been, but really interesting nonetheless.

The Morrowind: Bloodmoon version of "Ravenrock" is loving cool. two torches on the shoreline

you know, i do see skyrim's faults, and i do wish it was a bit more structured and maybe a lot less casual, but even so there's something profound when you find out your favorite blacksmith was killed by a dragon or something, IE when Alvor was killed in my game. I remembered how he taught me how to make a dagger and let me use his smith, and was so nice and hospitable, and then he's just dead and never respawns. definitely not intense as the game could have been, but really interesting nonetheless.
It makes me feel bad because first chance I got I beat him to death in the nude and resurrected his corpse just to fry it. You may ask "who was naked, you or alvor?" Answer: "Yes."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 06:50:45 AM by Cargøn »

I tried playing Daggerfall for fun

I died in the second enemy in the tutorial.

I wish I could go into the Hall of Valor again. :c

I tried playing Daggerfall for fun
I died in the second enemy in the tutorial.
a rat?
geeze...