Author Topic: poor game preformance  (Read 1150 times)

hey, this game is slow on one of my computers but not the other. it works fine on my laptop but on my PC (which has better speeds and ram) it is almost unplayably laggy in any menu such as "options"m it lags baddly in build or spray paint mode but is playable in item and vehicle driveing mode.

both computers use duo core proccessors but one works fine with less proccessor, cpu ram and video card ram, both computers use crappy intel video cards.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

try turning graphics down or check for background programs that could be sucking up all your cpu spedz

the cpu isnt being taxed by other programs and even when we close other applications and such to the bare bones it does not help the lag at all, i cant completely rule out malware but it was recently cleaned up and most things run fine on it including more graphically intense games such as EVE online and warcraft 3.

we can jack the game settings to max and it does not affect the game preformance at all, it is still the same amount of choppyness and there is much lag when trying to build or work with menus or paint.

Quick question is you desktp pc a Media Center Edition pc from gateway or dell? Or a computer that is ment for desktop use not gaming. Then your problem is the built in video card in the motherboard. I can go on my media center pc and run bl fine until i get to servers with alot of blocks or maps that have high quailty textures. Also is your laptop ment for gaming?

the PC is windows XP media center, it was supposed to be a video game powerhouse, or at least thats what the buyer asked dell for, wanted two of their best gameing video cards and 2 of the best proccessors. we got "a" 1.8GH duo proccessor and two 1 gig built in intel chip sets that dont support H&W transforming and lighting as well as vertex shaders, we got ripped off >.<

however my laptop is an acer aspire 5610, it has a 1.6GH duo core, 512 ram and another crappy intell chip set (it was supposed to have a geforce 7400, i was right pissed about that but didnt realise it quickly enough to get it fixed)

block land has absolutely no problems on my laptop which is less powerful than the desktop, even just one of the desktop's video cards are better than my laptop's one

I think when badspot uploaded the game he has that thing set to max again.  I am not sure what it's called lol