Author Topic: Particle Acceleration  (Read 6168 times)

Sorry, no. That would be wider than from earth to an unknown galaxy we can't even see.

It would be 1mm big. I watched some ants make one and they all got sucked in and died until i put a brick on the blackhole and saved the ants becoming ant god and taking over the world with the ants becoming human/ant god! I am your leader!

That was just an ordinary hole.

i pored grape soda on an ant hole before
they didnt like it

How do you know they didn't like it? Maybe they just wanted more.

they started chasing me with lazorz
the queen almost shooped me

You can't do orbiting particles. ConstantAcceleration will just add onto the particle velocity incrementally.

i know thats why i was hopeing there was one for the direction of travel.

I hope everyone knows that the particle accelerator being built under France has the potential to create a small black hole and destroy the solar system.

They are continuing due the fact that the chance isn't high enough....If there is something that involves a chance of the earth being destroyed, I don't want to know about it.  :(
Its pretty much impossible for us to create a black hole. Any particle sized black-hole we could create wouldn't have enough mass to sustain the amount of radiation it gives off.

The idea we could create a black hole is something that the media blew out of proportion.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 03:43:38 PM by Wedge »

Well the problem is a black hole doesn't release radiation. When matter is pulled in it releases forms of radiation such as x-rays. By knowing this we can detect black holes, by the x-rays matter gives off when sucked in. Plus when it comes to black holes, and what they can do its all theories. So even a small black hole probubly amounts to nothing anyways.

Watch black holes focus light into a stream of light patricles so small that no one can actualy see the light, and turns all forms of energy into light. O.O'

Well the problem is a black hole doesn't release radiation. When matter is pulled in it releases forms of radiation such as x-rays. By knowing this we can detect black holes, by the x-rays matter gives off when sucked in. Plus when it comes to black holes, and what they can do its all theories. So even a small black hole probubly amounts to nothing anyways.

Watch black holes focus light into a stream of light patricles so small that no one can actualy see the light, and turns all forms of energy into light. O.O'

When matter is sucked into a black hole, it increases its mass. Over time, it gives off a small amount of radiation, a single photon at a time. If it isn't increasing its mass, the radiation eventually leads to the dissipation of the black hole. In stellar size black holes, this takes many times the age of the universe.

In the micro-black holes that can theoretically be created in modern day particle accelerators, it is entirely different. The black holes dissipate almost instantly, through their radiation. Before the black hole has enough time to suck anything through its event horizon, it has already evaporated.

What if you put a lump of uclear waste in the thing?

I don't know. I guess you can't, because it doesn't exist long enough for you to push anything into it.

Dont they suck stuff in, So couldnt you just put the nuclear waste in the machine? there ready for when its created.

No, because it still doesn't exist long enough for it to suck anything in.

Even if the black hole and whatever you wanted to put inside of it were right next to each other, we are talking about an elementary particle sized black hole (probably smaller), and it doesn't have enough gravity to pull anything the 3 picometers it needs to suck it in before it dissipates.