Author Topic: Particle changing.  (Read 1533 times)

Would it be possible change particles without it having to be set again. Eg Theres a flame you type /flameblue and the flame turns blue. Could you do it like this or would it only check when the fires made:

Code: [Select]
function serverCmdBlueFlame(%client){
%client.BlueFlame = 1;
%client.NormalFlame =0;
}
//datablock shiz
if(%client.BlueFlame){
//stuff about particle
} else if(%client.NormalFlame){
//particle shiz
}

You can't change datablocks like that without forcing everyone to reconnect, and then it'd happen to ALL flames on the map that use the datablock.

All i would be doing is changing the colour. If you cant without everyone re connecting how comes RGB light can change colour? Thats what i would be doing just it will only change colour if a certain variable = true.

You cant change a dataBlock's settings because when a client joins, those settings are sent to the client and applied to each object that uses that datablock. So if you change it AND send the updated settings to the clients, all the flames on the server will change their properties too.

So i guess its the same with weapons. Could you do it with seperate datablocks and put the if before the datablock?

No.. but you could do a blue flame datablock, and a normal one. Then do the if(flame == blue) or whatever, and do %flame.setDataBlock(blueflame);

I think i've worked out what to do ill be able to try tommorow when my bans over =D