Author Topic: Best Gaming Computer for $1000 or less.  (Read 970 times)

Title says what you should need to know. I've been considering a new computer for a while now, and wanted to know, from your personal experience: what's a great gaming computer (lots of space, great processing and graphics capabilities, capable of running demanding modern games at maximum settings) that can be bought for preferably $1000 and under?

Note: I've got a friend who's pretty good at building computers, but personally have no experience in building my own computer. I'd probably prefer a prebuilt one, if possible.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:21:04 PM by Blockoman »

I suggest building one.
or getting someone on the forums to find parts for you and then you buy said parts.

I suggest a solid state hard drive. Disks are becoming too slow now.

Have not built it yet, but the video card has 2gb of RAM.
My current computer has 2gb of RAM, but it struggles on games such as Just Cause 2 and World of Warcraft on max graphics (in fact, it doesn't run too well on Just Cause 2, period.) "Can You Run It" said that my computer only has 1.75gb of RAM.

that's the video card
the RAM is 16gb

also
all of the parts that I selected have 5-egg ratings.

First of all, he's not going to rock a 2560x1600 screen so you can find a 1GB verison of that card for like $50 less and invest in more Hard-Drives or a better mobo
16GB of RAM is mega-overkill
Plus that Mobo is a H67, you need a Z68 if your getting a SSD plus get a AMD setup for that price i believe.
Overall get a AMD setup if you dont just game and make videos, 6 cores will indeed help along the road
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:41:00 PM by Eightfold »

Keeping these parts in mind...

My dad's making me get the i5 despite the fact that an AMD Phenom X6 has more power.
Have not built it yet, but the video card has 2gb of RAM.
Nope.
The 2500k blows any Phenom out of the water.
Your parts list isn't very balanced, great processor, too much RAM, the graphics card isn't good for the budget, and you've chosen a really really low quality PSU that could fry your system.

@OP: Let me get a parts list.

Change the hard drive to a solid state one. Disks are becoming too slow.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229262
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227322

These are not as good in the graphics department and the second one has a worse processor and isn't unlocked. Also no SSD and the motherboards and PSUs are probably quite cheap.

Change the hard drive to a solid state one. Disks are becoming too slow.
It has one.
Have you ever heard of SRT technology?
Also, it would be mad to have every hard drive a SSD unless you had a 3k+ budget for the machine.

Bumpidybump.
I know practically nothing in terms of computer hardware, just putting that out there.