Author Topic: Apocalyptic Dreams  (Read 765 times)

So, I just woke up out of my second apocalyptic dream in two weeks.  I die in both of them.

Last week:

Astronomers discovered that there was a city-sized asteroid heading in the vicinity of Earth.  They suspect it was going to hit, but could not determine where or when.

My higher unit on the post which I live near sent out an assembly order for accountability purposes.  They ordered all students under their command inside of some rec-center looking place on post so that we all would not go AWOL after hearing the news of the possible impending doom.

I was standing outside the rec-center when I saw it coming.  An indescribably enormous mass of rock hurling from the outer atmosphere, white in color, like the moon, due to it's distant position.  The pits and craters were easily visible from this distance.  It struck the earth no less than 40 miles away.  I watched as it continued to plow its way into the ground, sending off a dirt ejecta several miles high in seconds.  Everyone around me was running for shelter.  I frantically followed the crowd towards an office building, which is the same direction almost everyone was running.  I got there too late to be able to make it inside, as the entry was so full of people that the door would not even open.  I felt a sense of calm acceptance come over me as I looked at the hysterical people through the entry way window motioning me with their hands to come inside and shook my head.  It didn't matter anyways.  The approaching shock wave and ripples of earth rolling towards us would penetrate any structure.

I turned around and looked at the huge mounds of dirt and rock rolling my way several miles off.  I stood there, utterly still, gazing almost in wonder at the force of the ripples as they tore through the town I live in.  Finally, half a second before the wave hit me and killed me on impact, the "camera" blacked out, almost in step with some dramatic Armageddon-ish movie.  I did not watch my own death in this dream.

Last night:

It seems my dream started half-way into a story already in progress.  The entire population of the Earth was in peril.  Mankind was facing extinction.  Similar to the storyline of "I Am Legend," a disease had begun to overtake humanity for which there was no cure.  Coastal areas were the first and hardest hit.  People were consuming fish food-stuffs and later in the day became violently ill.  The next day they would die, regardless of whatever medical treatment was administered.  As world-wide bans on fish were enacted, the disease became airborne and continued to travel inland at a slow pace.  The disease claimed hundreds of millions within the first week and continued to chip away at the population at an increasingly slow rate.  It seems the disease was losing its potency, but the damage had been done.

My family and I had retreated to the American mid-west.  We were living in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.  We had joined with many other groups of people in a small town nestled in a valley between the small mountains.  Meals consisted mostly of canned food...ravioli, peaches, etc.  It was not a comfortable life, but it was life nonetheless.  An air of nervousness hung over us and the rest of the town-folk like a inescapable reality.  The one thing we still found comforting was the availability of gasoline and other fuel oils for transportation and heat.  News reports, initially coming in on a regular basis, became more and more rare.  One day we received news via wire that combustion engine-grade gasoline world-wide was becoming inert, a result of weeks of no maintenance and no additives being added to stabilize the mixture and retain its combustive state.  This slowly rendered all gas in town useless.  Gas stations became nothing more than depositories of stinky undrinkable water.  We could no longer travel farther than a few miles from town in a day via bicycle.

Life in the town became hum-drum.  Nothing ever really happened, it was as if we were waiting for assurance that the disease had been neutralized before we emerged back into the outside world.  But this news never came of course.  One day I saw a little boy with a disproportionately large helmet on his bike peddling furiously towards town.  He had a look of fear in his face, for which reason I did not know.  I disregarded it.

I took a short bike ride out of town the next day to get out and see my surroundings from a better vantage point.  I went to a nearby rocky mount, which had a dirt road running past it through the ravines.  A parked my bike at the guard rail and began to walk up the dirt road laid into the side of the hill which led straight to the top.  It wasn't tall, only about 500 feet or so.  I neared the top and took in the sight.  Nothing but foothills and small mountains covered in pines for as far as the eye could see. 

I was getting ready to head back down the hill when I saw something curious.  Up against a rock face near the top, the rock was glowing red.  Some of the plant life rooted near was burnt to a crisp.  The rock surrounding me also had patchy spots of this red glow.  As I watched, a small pin hole opened up in the rock face and liquid hot yellow magma began to pour out.  The hole got bigger and bigger and I began to run down the road to the base of the hill.  I glanced off to my side as I was running and before I knew it, a vast pyroclastic flow was racing me down the hill.  As I got to the bottom, frantic and out of breath, I looked down the road to my right which curved left behind a rocky escarpment.  A river of orange and red glowing lava was coming around the bend towards me, so that route was cut of.  My bike was engulfed and melted immediately.  I decided to run to my left down the road.  As I was running, another stream of lava came around the bend towards me.  I looked for a possible escape route.  I could not climb up the hill in front of me, as the rocky escarpment cut out to make way for the road was too steep for me to get a foothold.  I saw a creek with a hearty flow of water and began to run towards it.  By this point the lava was covering the ground on which I was running, but only a quarter inch deep.  It melted the bottom of my shoes, but nothing else.  I stopped over top of the bridge, and scanned my surroundings.  The hill had now become a fledgling volcano and the entire square kilometer around and behind me was consumed in orange and red molten rock.  It then occurred to me that it did not matter if I jumped in the creek and swam for dear life.  The rate at which the pyroclastic flows were moving would overtake the creek in a matter of seconds.  A sense of morbid humor hit me as the lava closed in around me - it seemed there as something which did not want any of us to survive and was going about it any way possible to ensure the human race was wiped off the face of the Earth.  As I stood there and waiting for death, the "camera" panned out to give a view of the area several tens of thousands of feet in the air.  It showed a pristine mountain landscape dotted with pine trees interrupted by the small volcano in the center with red molten rock around it expanding outwards.  The flows were converging at a center point over the creek, with me standing in the middle.  Once again, I did not watch my own death.

tl/dr - Just read it.

So yeah, twice in two weeks I have died in my dreams in some dramatic, straight-out-of-a-movie manner.  They obviously don't mean anything, but they were definitely a memorable series of dreams.  Just thought I'd share.

/discuss your crazy dreams

I can't remember my dreams, but while I live my life... I remember bits and pieces of things I presume happened during dreams that I've had.  It's what caused me to start writing.

Try to write a book with some of these dreams.

Your mind is forewarning you about 2012. Quickly, predict everything based on your dreams and publish it so we can all live.

i had a dream about the "thing" from the movie as soon at it attacked me i woke up @_@

I'm trying to remember a dream like that, so far the closest I can remember is me climbing out of a pothole then getting hit by a big rig, soon as it hit I woke up.

It's happening and you know it.

I remember dreams of getting sucked into a black hole :[

Does anyone else have that thing where if you say, get hit by an Amtrak Train in your dreams, you wake up and your whole body jerks?

Does anyone else have that thing where if you say, get hit by an Amtrak Train in your dreams, you wake up and your whole body jerks?
Yes.

I once had a dream when the whole Earth lost oxygen for a few seconds and I died. There was a BSOD for a few moments, then I watched a street full of people shift into the earth. It was like 2012 California, I watched my brother hang on for his dear life. I proceeded to wake up and not sleep again.

Two nights ago I dreamed this chick from school wanted to smoke pot with me.

I had a dream where i had a dream in a dream dream in a dream dream in a dream dream in a dream dream in a dream dream in a dream dream in a dream dream in a dream