Author Topic: Jurassic Park: Operation Gensis  (Read 4724 times)

Introduction
From Wikipedia:

Quote from:
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (known colloquially as JP:OG or JPOG) is a construction and management simulation video game for the PC, Xbox, and PlayStation 2 based on the novel and film series Jurassic Park. The main point of the game is to recreate Jurassic Park - building a 5 star theme park with dinosaurs, and turning John Hammond's dream into reality. In the park, the player builds paths, amenities for visitors such as, food and restrooms, as well as enclosures and attractions. One must also keep the park safe and secure. The park can be populated with up to sixty dinosaurs, with twenty-five different species available. The player can also add attractions similar to those seen in the film, such as the safari seen in the Jurassic Park film, and additional attractions like a balloon tour and several varieties of viewing platform.

Features

You basically just build your own Jurassic Park. It is all very customizable which is fun.--you can generate an island to your tastes, layout paths and different amenities for guests, add paddocks for dinosaurs like Tyrannosaurus, Velociraptor, Gallimimus, Brachiosaurus, etc. and add attractions to the pens.

Some attractions you can build right off the bat like the viewing vent (a little building built into the fence that allows visitors to get a closer look at dinosaurs), and the viewing platform (a tall tower that lets visitors see dinosaurs from above). Some attractions you have to research in order to build, like the safari adventure, balloon tour, and viewing dome.

What good are all these attractions without dinosaurs though? In JPOG you go through a neat process of acquiring dinosaurs and putting them in your park. First, you must assign fossil dig teams to different sites, and they will begin digging up fossils, amber, and gems that can be sold to add to your park fund. After that, you can either sell or extract DNA from the fossils and amber, which is then used to create dinosaurs. The more DNA, the longer a dinosaur lives.

What kind of dinosaurs are there for creation? The most recognizable from the films and novels, of course, but a few that are only mentioned in the books. Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus, Parasauralophus, Velociraptor, Brachiosaurus, Camarasaurus, Edmontosaurus, Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Kentrosaurus, and more! Each dinosaur has a star rating, and the higher the star rating the dinosaur has, the more visitors it will attract. The Torosaurus, for instance, has a low star rating--only two or three stars. The T. Rex however has a five star rating, meaning if you have one in your park, you'll get a lot of visitors!

Not only are you able to create a park, but there are other gamemodes as well! You can do exercises and missions, which are challenge-like games in which you take a land cruiser out for a photo safari, rebuild a ruined park, rescue John Hammond, or recreate Isla Nublar. If you complete all missions and exercises, you unlock a new gamemode called "Site B" which allows you to create an island, then populate it with as many dinosaurs you want free of charge!

Now that looks fun :D
and i absolutely love JP

Played this on Playstation 2 so much fun! :D

Good game. My friend was looking for it for SO long. Why don't they sell it!?

Good game. My friend was looking for it for SO long. Why don't they sell it!?
It's kind of old, I spent months trying to find one for a low price, then just had to settle for a $50 copy on Amazon.

Can they escape?
Can I blow their brains out?
Can I blow their brains out if they escape?

why does the PS2 version cost so much compared to the others?

Seems like a fun game...

Can they escape?
Can I blow their brains out?
Can I blow their brains out if they escape?
Yes to all. You can shoot them from helicopters and sentry guns.

Yes to all. You can shoot them from helicopters and sentry guns.
If I get this, i'm going to make a purposely weak fence so the dinosaurs escape and eat the people.
And then I shoot them.