Author Topic: The Computer Megathread  (Read 421084 times)

Need help with integrated/dedicated chip issues.
My integrated card runs the desktop and my dedicated card only runs some games. Blockland and Minecraft use the the integrated card while arma uses the dedicated one. I can't disable the integrated one using device manager without breaking everything, I cannot disable the graphics switching stuff technology using ATI's program. Gpu's are 6750m and 6620m (6755g2 technically).
Is there anything I can do that can stop my integrated card from being able to run anything?

Need help with integrated/dedicated chip issues.
My integrated card runs the desktop and my dedicated card only runs some games. Blockland and Minecraft use the the integrated card while arma uses the dedicated one. I can't disable the integrated one using device manager without breaking everything, I cannot disable the graphics switching stuff technology using ATI's program. Gpu's are 6750m and 6620m (6755g2 technically).
Is there anything I can do that can stop my integrated card from being able to run anything?
Plug in the monitor through the dedicated card rather than the motherboard integrated one? That's how I do it.

Are you on a laptop or something?..

Plug in the monitor through the dedicated card rather than the motherboard integrated one? That's how I do it.

Are you on a laptop or something?..
Yes. I'm almost certain it's an issue with the software and nothing with the hardware. The AMD graphics switcher doesn't quite get everything right and runs pretty much 90% of my applications with the 6620m.

would an amd 8 core fx processor or an intel core i7 be better? why is an 8 core processor cheaper than an intel processor with less cores?

More cores is not a,ways better, it's based on the architecture, an i7 totally beats the amd

so intel is better than amd

so intel is better than amd
In general Intel is more expensive and IMO better than AMD.  Others will say otherwise, I'm sticking to my thoughts and my fat wallet.

my friend got an amd fx, i dont want him to be dissapointed with his new computer.

AMD is good for cheaper builds but if you have the money Intel is the way to go

Im getting my parts today <3

just installed windows XP on my second hard disc

30 minutes to install my ass lol