Author Topic: Nasoa's Guide to Mapping Techniques  (Read 10669 times)

Bump to ask a question.

I'm remaking the 4x cube brick in TC, but it looks a little ... disproportional. Since a default 1x1 brick is .5x.5.x.6, the cube in TC is:

x = 2
y = 2
x = 2.4

Yet when I make it it looks nothing like the 4x cube in Blockland. I'm sure there's something wrong with my math that I'm not catching. Help?

You mean z = 2.4? Should be right though.

You mean z = 2.4? Should be right though.
Yeah, typo. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Well, what I do is make a 1x1, make the grid spacing 0.5, move it over 3 times, change the grid spacing to 0.6, and then move it up three.

Are you using the 4x cube or 16 1x1 bricks?
The 4x cube is actually proportional while using 16 1x1 bricks causes the shape the be elongated on the z axis

Finally decided to figure out why the 4x4 cube looked weird in TC. Interesting.

Nasoa, I need your assistance with ambient lighting. Looky here:

Below the ceiling light I have a light_omni with a fallof1 of 100 and falloff2 of 2500. The color is set to 255 255 255. I did everything I can think of correctly, yet the lighting still looks sub-par to me. Any ideas?

And if anyone has a clue on how to get rid of the white dots that occur in my interiors, I would like to hear it. :D

White dots are thanks to TC.

And as for the lighting, try making falloff1 to be 2000 or something. (falloff2 is just for the shady part)

Well, all I can think of is to make sure falloff2 is larger than the whole thing, and falloff1 fills much of it too.

Well, all I can think of is to make sure falloff2 is larger than the whole thing, and falloff1 fills much of it too.

Yup, he has falloff2 larger, but falloff1 is not nearly large enough. (It should almost be as large as falloff2)

Ambient lighting dislikes me. All day I have been messing with the falloffs to no prevail. I've had falloff1 be much smaller, half the size of, and almost the same size as falloff2 and each times the interior has had very messed up lighting. I'm beginning to think falloff2's size may be an issue.

In general, how large should each falloff be in relation to an interior? My interior is Bedroom sized, in case that helps.

Ambient lighting dislikes me. All day I have been messing with the falloffs to no prevail. I've had falloff1 be much smaller, half the size of, and almost the same size as falloff2 and each times the interior has had very messed up lighting. I'm beginning to think falloff2's size may be an issue.

In general, how large should each falloff be in relation to an interior? My interior is Bedroom sized, in case that helps.
falloff2 I always make encompass the entire thing, and falloff1 should fill most of the room.

And I see that the mancave is finally nearing its completion. :D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 09:31:13 AM by Nasoa »

falloff2 I always make encompass the entire thing, and falloff1 should fill most of the room.

And I see that the mancave is finally nearing its completion. :D

Yup, I normally make falloff2's circle stretch more than around the whole interior, and falloff1 go nearly to the edges of the interior. My falloff sizes for Bathroom were around 3000 and 3500 or so.