"Real" Doors

Author Topic: "Real" Doors  (Read 3152 times)

With the treasure chest now being the first "animated" brick, can we get new doors that aren't DTS based like the JVS doors?  I would really like a door that can actually be broken and all.

>Treasure chest

HNNNG. WAT.

>Treasure chest

HNNNG. WAT.
There is now a blb for it on Badspot's server.

The only "Treasure Chest" brick I know of in Blockland is the 1x2x4 brick that Badspot has.
There is now a blb for it on Badspot's server.
Oh. Its animated? I just remember it being a brick.

The only "Treasure Chest" brick I know of in Blockland is the 1x2x4 brick that Badspot has.
That's what I mean.  It has a BLB now.

it seems to have 2 states - no blending animation

I don't like the lack of blending animation and to be honest, if JVS doors looked like this it would be awful.

All it does is switch between bricks. One is open and one is closed.

If you wanted an actual animation you would need around 50 bricks for a simple door.

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT ....WHAT

forget you :((, its just 2 bricks, switching between eachother
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:17:21 AM by soba »

No one ever complained about the door Minecraft has.

Yet no one ever necessarily promoted the swinging animation.

No one ever complained about the door Minecraft has.

Yet no one ever necessarily promoted the swinging animation.
With minecraft, it just looks good ;o, also, I'm not really complaining about how it just has 2 states, this topic sounded like BLB with animation possibilities

With minecraft, it just looks good ;o, also, I'm not really complaining about how it just has 2 states, this topic sounded like BLB with animation possibilities
more like it, minecraft has a more of a sense of urgency when you're going through doors. you may be running away from thine evil. in blockland, if you need a door to be shut fast you can just event it unlike minecraft.

I think the "two states" idea is better for blockland.  Not like you can turn a knob on a piece of molded plastic.