Did this tutorial help?

Yes
28 (56%)
No
7 (14%)
Somewhat
15 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: [Tutorial] Creating A GUI [Updated 4/1/2012]  (Read 13211 times)

i started doing it but i think its outdated none of the buttons were there that you said there were forget it

i started doing it but i think its outdated none of the buttons were there that you said there were **** it
Yes, they are there. You just need to look for them.

What buttons can you not find?

Should I change Client_ to Script_ because some Client_ mods have not been automatically executing for some reason.

Yes, they are there. You just need to look for them.

What buttons can you not find?

Should I change Client_ to Script_ because some Client_ mods have not been automatically executing for some reason.
You said to use "GuiBitmapCtrl" when in order to have the mColor box it needs to be "GuiBitmapButtonCtrl" because that confused me for awhile

Bitmap controls are images. Bitmap buttons are buttons that require a custom image file.

No, people are probably putting server.cs inside instead of client.cs

Make sure the .cs file is named Client.cs, not server.cs or something like that.

Make sure the .cs file is named Client.cs, not server.cs or something like that.
I did name is client.cs

but I tried the hud using "Server_" and it didnt work, changed it to "Script_" and it worked too

I think the OP should add more pictures and clear up some things because I feel like some stuff is hard to understand if you're just starting.

Question: Im trying to make a GUI that has the scroll box and it tells me whos on the server. Is that possible, or is there more scripting involved.

I have been making client mods for blockland for almost a year and never had this problem.  It will always work if it is done correctly.

Question: Im trying to make a GUI that has the scroll box and it tells me whos on the server. Is that possible, or is there more scripting involved.
More scripting involved.

More scripting involved.
Thats what I thought :I

So unless Im actually making something like a RP with more coding, Im more limited in what I can do with GUI's.

Thats what I thought :I

So unless Im actually making something like a RP with more coding, Im more limited in what I can do with GUI's.

We are here to help :)

You can intercept the function that updates the PlayerList GUI.

Thanks.
Im just messing around with them right now, seeing what I can do with them and looking at other ones.

What's wrong with the player list?

In any case, you might find some help by dumping newPlayerListGUI or looking at it's member objects (or just plain inspecting it in the GUI editor).

Code: [Select]
function Open_YOURGUINAME(%Gui)
{
%Gui = canvas.pushDialog(YOURGUINAMEGui);
}

Isn't %Gui useless in this function? Can't you just change it to this?

function Open_YOURGUINAME() {
canvas.pushDialog(YOURGUINAME);
}

function Open_YOURGUINAME(%Gui)
{
%Gui = canvas.pushDialog(YOURGUINAMEGui);
}

Isn't %Gui useless in this function? Can't you just change it to this?

function Open_YOURGUINAME() {
canvas.pushDialog(YOURGUINAME);
}
You could yes, but both ways work.

EDIT: I just updated that part.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 02:33:04 PM by jes00 »

i made one cant get it to open in game but i can assign a button to it heres client.cs

exec("./Test.gui");

$remapDivision[$remapCount] = "Custom made GUI's";
    $remapName[$remapCount] = "Test GUI";
    $remapCmd[$remapCount] = "Open_Test";
    $remapCount++;

function TestButtonPush()
{
talk(hi);
}