Poll

Your opinion?

I have large respect for the military. I believe that there are heroes of war.
62 (61.4%)
I'm unconcerned.
29 (28.7%)
I have no respect for the military. There are no heroes of war.
10 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Author Topic: Your view on the military?  (Read 2858 times)

They sometimes wage wars without much reason.
Wrong. The wars fought have nothing to do with the military. The military is just a tool the president uses in war.

Anyone living in America and going against the armed forces should go in a hole and die.

The military is the only reason we have our freedom.

Anyone living in America and going against the armed forces should go in a hole and die.

The military is the only reason we have our freedom.

shudup commie

thy brk comndment!1 dam thm to helll!
more like "brk comndment thy!1 thm dam helll to!"

But ontopic, the military is a great thing. People who don't respect it are blinded by ignorance or utter stupidity. It's pretty sad to know loving peace hippie stuffs spit on veterans coming back from Vietnam, they should be shot. I may agree with some people on the thoughts about how the leaders are making stupid decisions, but people who fight in the wars should be respected.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:20:46 AM by RedGajin »

I obviously support and respect the military.

I have respect for them because they are needed in modern global society, to keep our nation and our way of life safe from others.

I don't think governments or leaderships should pin thousands of men against each other in a inhumane, barbaric system of slaughtering and destroying.

I have respect for them.  I have little respect for the leaders that make them do stupid things.

The soldiers are awesome, the people who make them fight are the people I don't respect.

inb4cubelands

"YOU KNOW THE ARMY ARE A BUNCH OF SATAN'S MINIONS!!!"
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:24:53 AM by Yosher »

If they deserve respect, they get it.
If they don't deserve it, they don't get it

The good thing about the military is that they are well trained, and could probably accomplish just about any task given to them. Without an army, I'm sure that we'd either be dead or speaking another language right now. Also, plenty of them like video games, which makes them coolbros.
The bad thing is that while they're well trained, too many accidents happen when we intervene a situation. For example, when we liberated Kabul from the taliban, many people were happy, as they were able to fly kites, listen to music, and walk around by themselves in public. However, the "surgical" strikes we performed weren't actually precise. Hundreds of civilians died as a result of inaccuracy.
But, if you ask me, the benefits outweigh the negatives.

The good thing about the military is that they are well trained, and could probably accomplish just about any task given to them. Without an army, I'm sure that we'd either be dead or speaking another language right now. Also, plenty of them like video games, which makes them coolbros.
The bad thing is that while they're well trained, too many accidents happen when we intervene a situation. For example, when we liberated Kabul from the taliban, many people were happy, as they were able to fly kites, listen to music, and walk around by themselves in public. However, the "surgical" strikes we performed weren't actually precise. Hundreds of civilians died as a result of inaccuracy.
But, if you ask me, the benefits outweigh the negatives.

If the whole world had no army, somewhere, someplace, one would form within a year.

If the whole world had no army, somewhere, someplace, one would form within a year.
I've been thinking about that. I wish there was a way around it, but there is little chance of there ever being permanent world peace, and certainly not in our lifetime. It's just human nature. The United States has to have a military, or we would cease to exist in 1 to 10 years.
Seriously, we have too many enemies. The North Koreans, for example.

I've been thinking about that. I wish there was a way around it, but there is little chance of there ever being permanent world peace, and certainly not in our lifetime. It's just human nature. The United States has to have a military, or we would cease to exist in 1 to 10 years.
Seriously, we have too many enemies. The North Koreans, for example.
Excuse me?
Why does it have to only be the US?